Jacking truck up to rotate tires

Anything special about jacking these up for tire rotation? 2019 Silverado. My current snows are directional so I just need to swap front to back same side. Can I lift the whole side from middle of frame or do I need to use jack stands on the frame on both ends? I see indentation's that appears to be a jacking points on the frame but I need to jack it up from one point then place the stand on another.

On my 2013 I was able to jack it up and stand it very near the front wheel assembly and then the whole back end from the rear diff. Thanks. 

I've jacked the truck up in the middle of the frame before, it's not like it's going to bend or anything.

I end up just doing it a different way by jacking up the rear pumpkin, sticking two jack stands under it. Then drag the jack to the front and either lift the whole thing in the front or just do one side at a time. With my electric impact we are talking 5 minutes for a rotate here.

• Like 2

I've found it very problematic reaching the jacking locations up front with a floor jack. The damn tire gets in the way, and then when I do find that magical spot, there's nowhere even close to get the jackstand.

I do my best with the floor jack going under the control arm just under the shock, but damn is it a pain to get it right.

NEVER had this problem on the earlier trucks.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

there are jack locations on the frame. people have stated on the form that they put a slight bend in the frame from jacking in the wrong location
My thoughts were this exactly, if I put the jack too far back to allow the jackstand to grab the jack point, it puts strain in an undesigned direction.

I hate getting this truck off the ground.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk