BFG KO2 - 3-Peak vs. DT

Icutmetl

I am interested in replacing the 265/60R20 mall-terrains on my 2018 All-Terrain HD Duramax with 275/65R20, and the KO2 is one of the tires I’m interested in. I’m aware of the myriad of options; but for the sake of this topic, I’m only concerned with the KO2.

I know and understand the differences between the two specs; I’m also aware of the fact that only the DT version carries a mileage warranty.

My truck is not a daily driver; it’s well-maintained, and  I don’t drive overly aggressive (heavy on throttle, tire spin, etc). I’ve got a little over 15k since new last year, and the factory bologna rinds still look new. I live in Ohio and travel during the winter for snowmobiling trips to areas like the UP of Michigan and out west, sometimes pulling enclosed trailers. Stability & snow performance is of strong consideration for me, along with the all-terrain tread. Getting good mileage out of them is important, but maybe not MOST important. 

My question is this; considering the above information, would you prefer the 3-peak rated KO2? I’m leaning that way, as I feel it fits my overall needs better, but will be disappointed if I spend $300/tire and they need replaced in say 30k miles.

Thanks!!

On 2/5/2020 at 3:10 AM, Icutmetl said:

I am interested in replacing the 265/60R20 mall-terrains on my 2018 All-Terrain HD Duramax with 275/65R20, and the KO2 is one of the tires I’m interested in. I’m aware of the myriad of options; but for the sake of this topic, I’m only concerned with the KO2.

I know and understand the differences between the two specs; I’m also aware of the fact that only the DT version carries a mileage warranty.

My truck is not a daily driver; it’s well-maintained, and  I don’t drive overly aggressive (heavy on throttle, tire spin, etc). I’ve got a little over 15k since new last year, and the factory bologna rinds still look new. I live in Ohio and travel during the winter for snowmobiling trips to areas like the UP of Michigan and out west, sometimes pulling enclosed trailers. Stability & snow performance is of strong consideration for me, along with the all-terrain tread. Getting good mileage out of them is important, but maybe not MOST important. 

My question is this; considering the above information, would you prefer the 3-peak rated KO2? I’m leaning that way, as I feel it fits my overall needs better, but will be disappointed if I spend $300/tire and they need replaced in say 30k miles.

Thanks!!

I say 3 peak for a half ton. I would only go DT on 3/4 ton or a truck that gets a-lot of miles.

I have BFG K02 3 peak on my 2018. They prob have 20 - 25k on them. I ran them on my 1997 k1500 for 15k miles and did some towing. They are showing wear but are 5 years old this year. Still probably 40% tread left? noticeably less tread in center of tire, I keep pressures at 48 psi cold, could probably reduce that down to 40 - 42. 

I see you have 2500HD in your signature.

If you have the gas, you could go either 3 peak or DT. 

If you have the Duramax, get the DT due to the additional wight and more importantly, tire wearing torque!