trailer tpms sensors

On 9/21/2020 at 6:27 AM, Duramaxsky said:

I found them on Ebay for 75 a set of 4 new. I got 3 sets coming.

Do you by chance have a link for those?  Only sets I am finding now are in the $130 for 2 range, or are the sets for the half tons, which appear to have a different sku.

Do you by chance have a link for those?  Only sets I am finding now are in the $130 for 2 range, or are the sets for the half tons, which appear to have a different sku.
I am not sure about the half ton part. Why would they be different. I am not sure if the ones I got have the temp sensor or not but they appear to be the correct frequency. I will know more this weekend after I install them. There were only 4 sets available and I bought 3. They seem to be gone now.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Duramaxsky said:

Why would they be different.

Don't know, but when I checked the fitment on one of the ebay sellers for the "1500" sensors, it said they were not for my vehicle.  I scrolled through the 6 pages of trucks and there were no 2500's or 3500's listed.  

Specs on my truck before I bought it showed it was equipped with the advanced trailering and had the U1D module, it does not show up on the rpo codes though.  Is there another way to know for certain before I order sensors somewhere? 

49 minutes ago, shadow gray 2020 hd said:

Don't know, but when I checked the fitment on one of the ebay sellers for the "1500" sensors, it said they were not for my vehicle.  I scrolled through the 6 pages of trucks and there were no 2500's or 3500's listed.  

Specs on my truck before I bought it showed it was equipped with the advanced trailering and had the U1D module, it does not show up on the rpo codes though.  Is there another way to know for certain before I order sensors somewhere? 

The RPO number might be in the QR code on the silver/black label at the bottom of the door post (it won't contain 'all' the codes)

If you take a shot of the QR using a smartphone app it will list the ones that are there.

U1D    Advanced Trailering System, includes checklist, trailer maintenance reminders, trailer security alerts, trailer mileage, tow/haul reminder, trailer electrical diagnostics and Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System module
On LT -  Included and only available with (PCM) Convenience Package II or (ZL6) Advanced Trailering Package. 
Standard on LTZ except -  With (ZW9) pickup bed delete no provision for a trailer tire pressure monitor system will exist but all the other (U1D) features will remain.

Standard on HC

Since your avatar info says you have an LT, the first note about PCM or ZL6 applies.

So if you know (or the QR codes shows) you have one of those, then you do have U1D

From the VIN, any dealer can print the build sheet for for your truck with all the codes.

GM chat /social media can also send you a build sheet if you give them the VIN

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, redwngr said:

The RPO number might be in the QR code on the silver/black label at the bottom of the door post (it won't contain 'all' the codes)

If you take a shot of the QR using a smartphone app it will list the ones that are there

That is what I did, appears that it does not show the codes associated with this.

24 minutes ago, redwngr said:

U1D    Advanced Trailering System, includes checklist, trailer maintenance reminders, trailer security alerts, trailer mileage, tow/haul reminder, trailer electrical diagnostics and Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System module
On LT -  Included and only available with (PCM) Convenience Package II or (ZL6) Advanced Trailering Package. 
Standard on LTZ except -  With (ZW9) pickup bed delete no provision for a trailer tire pressure monitor system will exist but all the other (U1D) features will remain.

Yes, my truck is an lt with conv package 2.  I have played around some with the trailering menu and I have setup profiles for two of my trailers and connected both of them, and it does have the reminders, mileage , and diagnostics.  Actually told me I had a bulb out on my stock trailer.  Pretty sure I saw a setup screen for the trailer tpms somewhere.  

29 minutes ago, redwngr said:

GM chat /social media can also send you a build sheet if you give them the VIN

Seeing as how the codes in the door are incomplete, I will definitely do this.

Thanks for all the information.

Followed redwngr's advice and got the full build sheet from chat, quicker than a call to the dealer.  Saved the file.  Shows my truck does have the U1D, along with a lot of other codes not listed in the door codes.  

Will keep on looking for the sensors, not paying $115 for a pair of them(best current deal I am finding).  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Duramaxsky said:

How do you get that build sheet? My sensors showed up today.

https://www.chevrolet.com/contact/chat , have to get past the bots and give a live person your vin.

Could be wrong, but thought the sensors could be programmed without the use of a learn tool.

https://www.chevrolet.com/contact/chat , have to get past the bots and give a live person your vin.

Could be wrong, but thought the sensors could be programmed without the use of a learn tool.
They can by releasing or adding air. But it takes longer and it's hard to get it done before it times out. I am doing 3 trailers and it worth 12 bucks to me.

Managed to find one set of 4 sensors new for under $90, should have them later next week.  The harbor freight tire changer will come in handy once again, should be able to break the bead on one side enough to swap out the old stems and put in the tpms.  Guess I will see how it goes without a learn tool, if it is too much trouble, will pick one up.  

Managed to find one set of 4 sensors new for under $90, should have them later next week.  The harbor freight tire changer will come in handy once again, should be able to break the bead on one side enough to swap out the old stems and put in the tpms.  Guess I will see how it goes without a learn tool, if it is too much trouble, will pick one up.  
It should work. I have heard you need to hurry that way and I am too old for that. The tool will also work on my Vettes and her Malibu. So it's worth 12 bucks to me.

I have installed the sensors in my tilt deck trailer. They work and do have temp. The part number is 84152501. There is a photo of the display and 2 of the sensor. The cheap Amazon tool worked fine. Now I have my dump trailer and travel trailer left to do. I am going to repack my travel trailer bearings while I am at it.a5d66ead3d8589ec1315e742da7c6818.jpgca2b7b2d7d5e1b2cee0679f9689ed210.jpg2aeb52975e3ccb283d5a67d488ba754f.jpg

• Like 1

My only dislike is that the system doesn't wake them up. So you can't just check the tire pressure before you start driving. I think they do that so they will completely shut off until centrifugal force wakes them up. I guess if they could wake up from a radio signal they would not have very long lasting batteries. But my 08 Corvette shows pressure right away. And it sits about half the year. And it still has the original sensors. The 98 Corvette dose need to get up to about 20 MPH to wake the ones in it up. But still it's a pretty good thing to have on the truck. I should check to see if the ones in the truck tires show before it is moved.