trailer tpms sensors

I have a 2020 Silverado LTZ with the Advanced Trailer System.  The TPMS wheel sensors were not included in the truck when purchased. GM says 4 sensors should be included.  The dealer knows nothing about this.  Upon some pressure, the dealer says I could buy them from  Parts at their cost.  $360.  GM website says 4 sensors cost $50.  Maybe the $360 is for installing the sensors in the trailer wheels and learning them.  Anybody had experience with this issue? 

• 1 month later...

This thread is a little dated but from what I've read GM stopped supplying the sensors in the 2020 models.  The 19's did come with them in the truck.  My new 2500HD did not come with the sensors but they can be had for about $130.00 per pair on-line.

On 4/1/2020 at 5:24 PM, jeffkirk66 said:

Thanks for the reply.  The dealer told me that they do come in the 2020 Duramax but not the gas engine.

The only come from the factory (on 2020's) if the necessary option code is added to the order. 

PTT         Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors, includes set of 4 sensors. Sensor functionality requires (U1D) In-vehicle Trailering App to be ordered with the vehicle and installed by the factory. Sensors will be shipped loose with the truck and will need to be installed on trailer by customer. System is capable of monitoring up to 6 wheels. Additional or replacement sensors are available through GM Accessories

They not standard on any trim.

• 5 months later...
On 4/6/2020 at 2:17 PM, redwngr said:

The only come from the factory (on 2020's) if the necessary option code is added to the order. 

PTT         Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors, includes set of 4 sensors. Sensor functionality requires (U1D) In-vehicle Trailering App to be ordered with the vehicle and installed by the factory. Sensors will be shipped loose with the truck and will need to be installed on trailer by customer. System is capable of monitoring up to 6 wheels. Additional or replacement sensors are available through GM Accessories

They not standard on any trim.

This ^^^^^

Had to add 4 to my new truck as it was ordered without that option. Got a trailer camera too. Sensors were just under $300 CDN with my new vehicle discount. FYI it's like a $60 option to add it when building a truck so if you are going that route throw them in even if you never use them.

On 2/17/2020 at 2:20 PM, jeffkirk66 said:

GM website says 4 sensors cost $50.

Crazy markup on these things from $50 for 4 to $160 a pair on the gm parts site.  Sure there are aftermarkets available.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:24 PM, jeffkirk66 said:

The dealer told me that they do come in the 2020 Duramax but not the gas engine.

They did NOT come with my duramax, but my truck does have the u1d.  

Mine didn't have the PTT. I found them on Ebay for 75 a set of 4 new. I got 3 sets coming. I want them on 3 of my 4 trailers. I don't use my deck over much or take it far. But the dealer quoted me 150 for 2 so I got 12 for less than 4. I have a bead breaker and ordered the programming tool so I will just do it myself.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Duramaxsky said:

Mine didn't have the PTT. I found them on Ebay for 75 a set of 4 new. I got 3 sets coming. I want them on 3 of my 4 trailers. I don't use my deck over much or take it far. But the dealer quoted me 150 for 2 so I got 12 for less than 4. I have a bead breaker and ordered the programming tool so I will just do it myself.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Which tool did you buy? I’ve been thinking of getting one. 

5 hours ago, Duramaxsky said:

Mine didn't have the PTT. I found them on Ebay for 75 a set of 4 new. I got 3 sets coming. I want them on 3 of my 4 trailers.

Saw them on ebay, was not sure if the ones I saw were actually the right frequency, and was also a bit skeptical of some of the sellers.  

Also, thought I read that only 6 tires or sensors can be acknowledged by the system.  Maybe that is per trailer profile?

Saw them on ebay, was not sure if the ones I saw were actually the right frequency, and was also a bit skeptical of some of the sellers.  

Also, thought I read that only 6 tires or sensors can be acknowledged by the system.  Maybe that is per trailer profile?
Yes per trailer. You can program 4 or 5 trailers plus the guest trailer has tpms programming as well.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1