Power Steering leak

1998 1500 Express, 171K miles.

This van has been leaking power steering fluid for quite some time and I need to fix it. I usually have to add a quart every few thousand miles and it's making a mess. But due to the small reservoir, I have to really keep a check on it.

A few years ago I saw what looked like steam coming from the engine compartment with the headlights on and could see fluid leaking from the high pressure hose. So I replaced that hose and it seemed to be OK for awhile. Then I noticed it started leaking again. So I replaced the low pressure hose but that didn't fix the leak.

It does not look as if the power steering pump is leaking because otherwise it would be slinging fluid everywhere. 

It looks like the leak is coming from the top of the "box" that the steering column slides into. With the rubber corrugated cover.

My assumption is the steering box seal is blown however the steering box in this photo does not look like what is leaking. Reason being is I'm not seeing where you would connect the power steering hoses to:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-05-Chevrolet-GMC-Astro-Express-Savana-Power-Steering-Gear-Box-LARES-1330/222514487050?fits=Year%3A1998%7CModel%3AExpress+1500%7CSubmodel%3ABase%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.7L%7CMake%3AChevrolet%7CTrim%3ABase+Standard+Cargo+Van+3-Door%7CEngine%3A5.7L+350Cu.+In.+V8+GAS+OHV+Naturally+Aspirated&epid=110010251&hash=item33cee59f0a:g:7~wAAOSwuMZZHF3T

So this makes me wonder. Is there something that fits between the steering box and the steering column? A secondary "box" that assists the steering box? It looks like it's made of aluminum and the power steering hoses connect to it.

If so what is this component called?

EDIT:

Perhaps the photo of the steering box I found on Ebay is not an actual photo of the steering box on my van. This steering box is showing two ports for the power steering hoses.

https://www.carid.com/1998-chevy-express-steering-parts/acdelco-professional-steering-gear-111720839.html?parentsubmodel[]=SUBMODEL|1500

Sorry being a cramped up van engine compartment it's kind of hard to see what I am looking at.

BTW. How hard are these steering boxes to remove? Especially considering how hard everything is to get to in the engine compartment of a van. My main concern is separating the steering column from the steering box. I'm assuming in order to remove the steering box all I need to do is disconnect the power steering hoses, , pitman arm to the steering box,  then wiggle the steering box off the steering column? Or do I need to pry it off? Then the bolts that holds it to the chassis.

I'm hoping I don't have to pull the actual steering column from within the van.

Edited by Seabolt