Hello all, I have a question. I am installing a pioneer stereo in my 2003 chevy Silverado. I have steering wheel controls and bose system that I want to keep but I dont care for the OnStar. Is there a harness like this or should I just straight splice the original factory harness with the new stereo? 

Thanks! 

Yes, IMHO a harness is the way to go

Phone/email crutchfield, even if you don't buy from them, as they seem pretty knowledgeable about  car audio parts.

Things that you want the harness to support:

-SWC (steering wheel controls)

-RAP (retained accessory power)

-Bose support

-provides enough power for your radio (as it's a hassle to run a separate, power wire through a fuse/relay).  The radio will indicate how much power it needs, probably around 10A if it has usb ports (last 2 pioneer radios I had needed 10A)

As a side note, if you don't know this about Pioneer radios, but new ones have seven seconds of stupid every time they are powered up, where the radio displays a warning dialog.  If you only go for a trip or two every day with the truck, it's probably nbd, but if you do a lot of short trips, it will quickly become annoying.

I bought a AVH4000NEX around 5 years ago, and it worked fine, and only displayed a warning dialog when I hooked my phone up to it to use Carplay, and that was ok, but the radio failed a couple months ago, I bought a Pioneer AVH -1500NEX, installed it, noticed the stupid dialog every single time and returned it.

Bought a Alpine ILX-W650, and it works great for me, with NO warning dialogs while using it (but also doesn't have a CD/DVD player in it, which the Pioneer did have, but I never used).

• Like 1

As stated above, email or call Crutchfield.  I have purchased from them several times and they are very knowledgeable.  I installed an Alpine in my 2002.  They provided everything I needed and everything works.  Granted mine does not have steering wheel controls or a Bose system. But it was an easy straight forward install.