Adding Sub/Amp to bose system?

Has anyone added a sub and amp to the Bose factory system. I want to add my own not the kicker package that gm sells. Just wondering how difficult wiring it in is and if it'll play nice with Bose?

I added an 8-channel JL amp and new front tweeters to my 2015 Denali HD with the Bose and it sounded great - 5X better than factory.  Really gave the existing factory sub the power it needed, and it was minimally intrusive to the truck.

In hindsight, I should have pulled it out and kept it for the new truck...

Edited by Tomato

I just got a 20 Trail Boss with Bose, also looking for Bose upgrade options.  I did a whole two amp custom box stereo in my 2015 Silverado LT Crew Cab. With the Bose I would like to be less intrusive and get the best upgrade without pulling all the wire for a full aftermarket amp install, etc.

SO far I have seen the GM Kicker and a JBL under console.

This Kicker looks decent and is a little less expensive than the GM Kicker, both 200 watts.

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2018-sierra-1500-crew-cab-audio-upgrade-kicker-subwoofer-kit/19303118-p-92297288.html

I am a stereo guy and can do it all from custom box to passive crossovers but I really want to stay close to the Bose ( minimal wire disruption) and get the most upgrade I can starting with lows and then mids and highs if possible.

Also considering a sound processor like below to max what I have:

JL Audio FiX-86 OEM Integration Digital Sound Processor w/ Automatic Time Correction and Digital Equalizer

Appreciate any feedback especially reviews from those who have already upgraded Bose, Thanks!!

I'm interested in this too...I saw this and was wondered if it would solve the problem of most of the bass coming thru the door speakers...I am not an audio guy by any means so please excuse my ignorance...I just like to hear that bass drop when listening to the LACs or Snoop lol 

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2020-silverado-1500-audio-upgrade-kickerreg-powered-subwoofer-kit-crew-cab-and-extended-cab/19417164-p-92305764.html

• 5 months later...
On 3/5/2020 at 5:17 AM, drob999 said:

I just got a 20 Trail Boss with Bose, also looking for Bose upgrade options.  I did a whole two amp custom box stereo in my 2015 Silverado LT Crew Cab. With the Bose I would like to be less intrusive and get the best upgrade without pulling all the wire for a full aftermarket amp install, etc.

SO far I have seen the GM Kicker and a JBL under console.

This Kicker looks decent and is a little less expensive than the GM Kicker, both 200 watts.

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2018-sierra-1500-crew-cab-audio-upgrade-kicker-subwoofer-kit/19303118-p-92297288.html

I am a stereo guy and can do it all from custom box to passive crossovers but I really want to stay close to the Bose ( minimal wire disruption) and get the most upgrade I can starting with lows and then mids and highs if possible.

Also considering a sound processor like below to max what I have:

JL Audio FiX-86 OEM Integration Digital Sound Processor w/ Automatic Time Correction and Digital Equalizer

Appreciate any feedback especially reviews from those who have already upgraded Bose, Thanks!!

This may be a late response.  However, look at LLJ Customs.  They have several wiring harnesses that are plug and play.  I just ordered one.  https://lljcustoms.com/store/ols/categories/gm-vehicles

On 3/4/2020 at 9:37 PM, Tomato said:

I added an 8-channel JL amp and new front tweeters to my 2015 Denali HD with the Bose and it sounded great - 5X better than factory.  Really gave the existing factory sub the power it needed, and it was minimally intrusive to the truck.

In hindsight, I should have pulled it out and kept it for the new truck...

Did you keep the bose speakers and just added tweets?  So basically no longer using the bose amp and using the JL amp to power everything including the new tweeters?

I'm in the process of putting in jl audio sub under the back seat of my 2020 High Country.  The Bose mids sounds ok, but their is basically no tweeters.  I want to add some tweeters to the mix.  I didn't want to add an aftermarket amp for the mids and tweets but I guess in order to add tweeters I will have to.

9 minutes ago, blyent said:

Did you keep the bose speakers and just added tweets?  So basically no longer using the bose amp and using the JL amp to power everything including the new tweeters?

I'm in the process of putting in jl audio sub under the back seat of my 2020 High Country.  The Bose mids sounds ok, but their is basically no tweeters.  I want to add some tweeters to the mix.  I didn't want to add an aftermarket amp for the mids and tweets but I guess in order to add tweeters I will have to.

Yes, I only changed out the dash tweeters - left all the other factory ones in. I had a shop do the install, but I am pretty certain they ran the JL after the factory Bose amp. I believe you need it for various controls of the system.