6.2L Intake/Exhaust Recommendations

Hi Everyone,

I recently got a 2016 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 Crew Cab with a 6.2L.  I've been searching though the forum trying to find out what best fits what I'm looking for.  It's been hard to find 6.2L specific recommendations so I hope this post is ok.  As kind of a baseline, this will be my daily driver and I've gotten sick of obnoxious noise or sacrifices in driveability.  

CAI - I live in the PNW so we get a LOT of rain.  Standing water isn't uncommon so I'd like to find something that isn't going to risk hydrolocking the motor.  I've been checking out the Momentum GT Cold Air Intake System w/Pro DRY S Filter, and I'm curious what everyone's feedback is on this choice.

Exhaust - This is super subjective, but I'm looking to get more performance and a more aggressive tone without getting too loud.  The exhaust I've been eyeing is the Corsa 3.5 Inch Sport Single Exhaust System w/ Twin Polished Tips; Side Exit.  I've seen people talking about Borla a lot as well.  Curious what everyone's opinion is.

Catch Can - Honestly haven't done much research on this one, but if anyone has any recommendations, it would be appreciated.

More of a general question with the mods I've listed above.  This isn't anything crazy, but I'm curious if they would require a new tune or if the engine management system is smart enough to sort out the AFR.

Thanks!

Edited by Dis3as3d

keep the stock intake just remove the restrictor in the air box, get an "airaid" reosnator delete for the intake.

exhaust keep stock remove flapper valve if you got it,  life is easy after that!

catch can is BS.. if your not boosted.. just drive it.. and if its an issue , walnut blast the valves every 90,000 miles

Edited by flyingfool

most knowlegable forum members have moved on to more engine tech related sites, this site is mostly new owners making the same mods that have been done a 100 times on here, you just need to dig into the search function, everyones tired of the same ol' same ol ?????'s

I'd highly recommend a catch can, mine gets quite a bit of fluid by the time I go to get an oil change. I wouldn't say it's BS, its just preventative maintenance at that point.

My truck has the following:

CAI Cold air intake

American Racing Longtube Headers

MBRP Single out 4 inch exhaust

UPR Catch Can Full system

https://uprproducts.com/14-18-gm-chevrolet-gmc-trucks-6-2l-dual-valve-catch-can-css-plug-n-play/

It sounds mean, and it drives well. That catch can is crazy expensive though, glad all of this came with the truck!