Trying to figure out this noise

I'm trying to figure out this noise, but I can't really describe it. I'm not sure if its normal or not. The noise only occurs when I turn the truck off. It last for 2 to 3 seconds and its coming from the driver side of the engine bay. If I had to guess, it would be a vacuum leak noise, but its not a whistling noise. The truck isn't throwing any codes and is running perfectly fine. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be? I also tried searching for it on the forum, but I couldn't find anything on it.

Edited by steelerdude15

I tried listening for the noise inside the engine bay and had someone else turn the truck off, but I couldn't hear it then. Its only noticeable from inside the cabin. Could it be the HVAC system releasing pressure? When I turn the truck off, the HVAC unit is always turned off.

1 hour ago, steelerdude15 said:

I tried listening for the noise inside the engine bay and had someone else turn the truck off, but I couldn't hear it then. Its only noticeable from inside the cabin. Could it be the HVAC system releasing pressure? When I turn the truck off, the HVAC unit is always turned off.

Believe it is the fuel pump/system releasing pressure in the lines, it makes a "clicking/thunk" sound around 3 times (trying to remember).

You should also hear the system prime itself when you first open your drivers door.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Believe it is the fuel pump/system releasing pressure in the lines, it makes a "clicking/thunk" sound around 3 times (trying to remember).

You should also hear the system prime itself when you first open your drivers door.

That would make sense then and I know when the door opens that the fuel pump is priming itself. Thanks for your help.

1 minute ago, steelerdude15 said:

That would make sense then and I know when the door opens that the fuel pump is priming itself. Thanks for your help.

You are very welcome.

All things that would be nice to know if there were still "salespeople" on the lots that actually knew how the trucks worked from top to bottom, those days are coming to an end.

• Like 1