Child Locks no where to be found and can not open from inside

We have a new 2019 Chev 3500HD Z71 dual cab. My grand kids are locked in from the inside as they can not open the door. Being familiar with the child safety switch on my other cars I looked to the door frame to fix it. There is nothing to change or turn. I then went into my electronic and my unlock when in park is already selected for all 4 doors. I sent a photo to my dealership and he is stumped I do not have a manual release for the doors.

Help?

cheryle

Cheryle, My 2019 1500 manual says "If equipped, the safety lock is on the inside edge of the rear doors. To use the safety lock: ". So maybe your truck does not have it. It would be nuts not to have that available. But the 2020 manual for the 3500 says " The safety lock is on the inside edge of the rear doors. To use the safety lock:1. Move the lever down to thelock position.2. Close the door.3. Do the same for the other rear door."

Edited by Rocz3cqg

Open the door and look at the inside outer edge.....staring you right in the face.....even has an icon of a child with an arrow pointing at the switch. If the dealer is stumped, you bought from the wrong dealer.

59 minutes ago, aseibel said:

On the K2's there is a switch on the drivers door arm rest to turn child lock on/off. Do they no longer have that switch on T1's?

Correct, they moved to a manual switch in the door. Bean counters.

Since the OPs 2019 3500 is going to be a K2...the child safety locks are on the driver’s door, on the same panel as the power window switches. There’s one to lock the windows and the other for the doors.