Chime constant while driving

Today I was driving along and all of a sudden, a chime starts going off the whole time the truck is in motion. There is nothing in the driver information screen or warning lights to indicate what the problem is. I tried turning the truck off and letting it sit for a while to see if it would go away. It didn't go away. It only goes off when in motion. It does stop when the truck is stopped. Another forum indicated that it could be emergency brake activated but I checked that and it is off. Could someone shed some light on what might be causing this? Constant chime is annoying!

23 minutes ago, tgg19 said:

Today I was driving along and all of a sudden, a chime starts going off the whole time the truck is in motion. There is nothing in the driver information screen or warning lights to indicate what the problem is. I tried turning the truck off and letting it sit for a while to see if it would go away. It didn't go away. It only goes off when in motion. It does stop when the truck is stopped. Another forum indicated that it could be emergency brake activated but I checked that and it is off. Could someone shed some light on what might be causing this? Constant chime is annoying!

Any chance your phone was laying in the passenger seat? The wife's CTS-V does that. 

1 minute ago, bigoilman said:

Any chance your phone was laying in the passenger seat? The wife's CTS-V does that. 

Nope. It was in the console where I normally keep it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tgg19 said:

Next time it does it, stop the truck, turn off the ignition, remove key, and then open drivers door for a minute or so.

This will reboot the drive cycle, if it does it after that, get your battery checked, or maybe disconnect it for half hour or so, then hook it back up to see if that worked.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tgg19 said:

Have you tried dousing it in gasoline and throwing a match on it?

that’s exactly what I’d do if I had to listen to the chime more than 5 seconds

• Like 1

Let's try to think about all the conditions that would invoke a chime alert...

Parking brake

Seat belt...I would connect the front passenger seat belt to check this. Maybe the sensor in the seat thinks someone is sitting there?

Door ajar

Not sure about this one...low tire pressure

Turn signal left on?

The thing is that most or maybe all of these would pop up in the dic.

Let us know how you make out.

Well, I drove to the grocery store yesterday and the chime went away. Whatever it was, it corrected itself. It did repeat the first day when I let the truck sit for a bit and then drove around the block.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by tgg19