Console Vault + Console Organizer Tray

I owe a thanks to "Unit" for prompting me to get my vault out of the attic. I ordered it with the truck, but never installed it, as I did not want to lose a bunch of storage space in there.  I actually bought the organizer tray last week, and, as you may know, it has a shallow side and a deep side. I measured, and the shallow side would fit with the vault in there. I proceeded to cut off the deeper part and leave the "lip" for the false bottom so both sides would fit. I ended up added a few screws to hold it better.  Works great and gives me the storage and easy access I needed.  Probably a cheaper solution or better ideas out there, but I did not think I was going to use the vault when I ordered the organizer...

FD836B0A-BCB8-4787-9982-202666276FBB.jpeg

3BD8B207-EC87-482B-A0F5-2F4B235F4F24.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i personally wish my truck had not come with the vault, it is a pain in the ass to put things in there because now i have to remove the tray, open the door (opening much smaller than without) to put things in there.

i haven't set the combination because i really don't want another step

11 hours ago, bass mechanic said:

i personally wish my truck had not come with the vault, it is a pain in the ass to put things in there because now i have to remove the tray, open the door (opening much smaller than without) to put things in there.

i haven't set the combination because i really don't want another step

Sounds like you should just take it out.  Simple to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since we're talking console safes, I'll show you mine.  I had Tomato talked into selling me his but he decided to use it instead, so I found another one.  I added a tab on the lid of the safe to help pull it open.  The spring on the lid is a little week and only opens about a half an inch when the knob is turned making it a little hard to pull open.  It's hard to get a grip on the combo knob, so  I drilled a hole in the lid and installed a quarter inch bolt with a flange nut turned upside down so that I could get a good grip on it.  Works better than expected.  I also made a divider so that everything isn't just piled in.  Makes it a little easier to find the things I need when I need them.  I hope the photos show well enough.  I also have a tray, not pictured.  Everything combined make a pretty useful console - I like it!

Safe1-4x6.jpg

Safe2-4x6.jpg

Safe3-4x6.jpg

Edited by unit
Added text
  • Like 1