2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 hyper flash

I just recently purchased a new 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Texas Edition. The truck came with the standard halogen brake lights. I purchased some new LED OEM taillights and thought it would be plug and play but quickly realized that’s not the case. The lights will illuminate but when I turn on the signal it flashes normal for about five seconds and then starts flashing rapidly. The dash screen also reads that there is an issue with turn signal. How can this be fixed? Thanks!!

I just recently purchased a new 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Texas Edition. The truck came with the standard halogen brake lights. I purchased some new LED OEM taillights and thought it would be plug and play but quickly realized that’s not the case. The lights will illuminate but when I turn on the signal it flashes normal for about five seconds and then starts flashing rapidly. The dash screen also reads that there is an issue with turn signal. How can this be fixed? Thanks!!

They usually would have to install resistors to stop that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Chevydude101. If you haven't already, we recommend reaching out to your preferred Chevrolet dealership if you are still experiencing concerns. If you'd like, we'd be happy to reach out to them on your behalf. To get started, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Chevydude101/GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

• 1 year later...

I put LED taillights on as well (With pre installed resistors on them) all lights work fine as well, but when I use the turn signal the same thing happens. If you fixxed this issue how did you do it. I have explored the internet for months on this issue and cannot find a fix!

Spoiler

I put LED taillights on as well (With pre installed resistors on them) all lights work fine as well, but when I use the turn signal the same thing happens. If you fixed this issue how did you do it? I have explored the internet for months on this issue and cannot find a fix!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel . Had a cracked left rear tail light Lense. Filled with water after so long.

One day noticed tail light was out. Turn signal is hyperflashing. Removed tail light assembly unplugged it Drained water, tail light working but dim. ( These are the factory LED P.O.S.'s) One plug terminal on the back with one bulb which is the backup light. Turn signal still hyper flashing. Replaced tail light assembly and blinker still Hyper flashing 

Now what?  Disconnect batts and try and rebot system?

BTW, watch out when purcahsing these tail light,  advertising will tell you LED ,  however, when you receive it, its ythe halogen bulbs type. 

What a F.N.M 

Please advise 

Thanks Dave

2 hours ago, arundelglass said:

2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel . Had a cracked left rear tail light Lense. Filled with water after so long.

One day noticed tail light was out. Turn signal is hyperflashing. Removed tail light assembly unplugged it Drained water, tail light working but dim. ( These are the factory LED P.O.S.'s) One plug terminal on the back with one bulb which is the backup light. Turn signal still hyper flashing. Replaced tail light assembly and blinker still Hyper flashing 

Now what?  Disconnect batts and try and rebot system?

BTW, watch out when purcahsing these tail light,  advertising will tell you LED ,  however, when you receive it, its ythe halogen bulbs type. 

What a F.N.M 

Please advise 

Thanks Dave

You stated that you replaced the taillight assembly. Was the taillight assy. O.E.M. or purchased from amazon or ebay? 

• 1 month later...