Special coverage for A/C condenser denied for 2017 Suburban with 49k mi

I didn't realize my Tahoe's condenser needed replacing  until I was a few thousand miles outside the special coverage, but they wouldn't make it right. This was a defective product that shouldn't crack. I'm a third-generation GM guy and had a Yukon before this, but this made me so frustrated that I'm not buying GM again. 

• 1 month later...

I have a 2015 Tahoe Z71.  The a/c quite simply just stopped working.  Tried to recharge - no joy.  Did the deep dive to see if others have been experiencing this and, if so, what did they do.  I was SOOOO hoping there was some secret code (ie: press the unlock button followed by the pedal adjust button twice, open the sunroof 1/2 way and then close it within 48 seconds) that would "reset" the system after recharge.  Again - no joy.  I then found the recall and realize that my truck is outside of the listed timeframe.  How is that ok if I never received a notice?  I purchased the vehicle on 4/02/2019 - long after any recall notices were distributed. If this is a known manufacturing/equipment issue, why would my (VIN-included) truck not be eligible for correction?  I do love this vehicle and it is in otherwise perfect condition (I know that I am owner-biased....).  There has to be something that can be done.  Any ideas?

14 hours ago, Tiffanee said:

I have a 2015 Tahoe Z71.  The a/c quite simply just stopped working.  Tried to recharge - no joy.  Did the deep dive to see if others have been experiencing this and, if so, what did they do.  I was SOOOO hoping there was some secret code (ie: press the unlock button followed by the pedal adjust button twice, open the sunroof 1/2 way and then close it within 48 seconds) that would "reset" the system after recharge.  Again - no joy.  I then found the recall and realize that my truck is outside of the listed timeframe.  How is that ok if I never received a notice?  I purchased the vehicle on 4/02/2019 - long after any recall notices were distributed. If this is a known manufacturing/equipment issue, why would my (VIN-included) truck not be eligible for correction?  I do love this vehicle and it is in otherwise perfect condition (I know that I am owner-biased....).  There has to be something that can be done.  Any ideas?

That's because its not a recall.

Its a "special coverage" which is also known as a component extended warranty.  Once you are out of the allotted time frame, GM has no obligation to assist.  

Do you have the last 8 of your VIN by chance?

Edited by newdude