Anyone have the GM Dash-Cams for their 2020?

I am looking into getting a dash camera and the idea of a factory camera and harness seems good to me. Wondering if anyone has either the F200 or F800 dash-camera from GM? I am assuming it uses a plug behind the mirror for power vice a cord hanging to the 12v outlet in the center console.

Thanks!

I am looking into getting a dash camera and the idea of a factory camera and harness seems good to me. Wondering if anyone has either the F200 or F800 dash-camera from GM? I am assuming it uses a plug behind the mirror for power vice a cord hanging to the 12v outlet in the center console.

Thanks!
If it is an integrated solution I would be extremely interested.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Will2020 said:

Thanks!

There's a thread and posts on this already.  One member has a detailed install on it with pictures.

2 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

There's a thread and posts on this already.  One member has a detailed install on it with pictures.

Thank you, I tried searching the forum and got far too many hits to look through. A link would be much appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

If it is an integrated solution I would be extremely interested.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Same here, I have a dash cam I removed from my old vehicle but I never use the thing as I hate the cord hanging down.

3 minutes ago, Will2020 said:

I found a thread about the cameras but it didn't really answer many of the questions I have about the GM accessory cameras. 

The thread is found here: https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/235867-gm-authorized-accesory-dashcam/?tab=comments#comment-2385588

That's not the thread I'm referring to.

There's another thread I can't find.  Another option is GEN5DIY who has a harness for radar detector and optional for dash cams.  Here's the link.

https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/19-20-silverado-products/products/2019-chevrolet-silverado-radar-detector-harness

Edited by mafd2

1 hour ago, Will2020 said:

Thanks!

I've got the Thinkware F800 GM kit but in my 2019 old body.  It piggybacks the data link connector (aka the OBDII port).  It still allows for another item to use that port as well as it plugs in the back side.    

I don't have any pictures of my install, but I removed the left side panel of the dash, the left A pillar trim and lowered the left side of the headliner.  I ran the power wire up the A pillar and zipped it to existing harnesses, then up the headliner and out of a pre-cut notch at the center of the liner just ahead of the console (mirror harness comes out there).  For the rear camera, I fished the wiring down the middle and left areas in the headliner and then popped it out at the center of the rear window and to the camera.   

Edited by newdude

On 4/27/2020 at 9:55 AM, newdude said:

I've got the Thinkware F800 GM kit but in my 2019 old body.  It piggybacks the data link connector (aka the OBDII port).  It still allows for another item to use that port as well as it plugs in the back side.    

I don't have any pictures of my install, but I removed the left side panel of the dash, the left A pillar trim and lowered the left side of the headliner.  I ran the power wire up the A pillar and zipped it to existing harnesses, then up the headliner and out of a pre-cut notch at the center of the liner just ahead of the console (mirror harness comes out there).  For the rear camera, I fished the wiring down the middle and left areas in the headliner and then popped it out at the center of the rear window and to the camera.   

Thank you for the information. I will most likely go with the GM options to keep it simple and not mess with any wiring.