GMC body color wheel mouldings

Has anyone replaced the standard black wheel mouldings with the body color wheel mouldings (GM part 84237183)?  Does anyone have the installation instructions?  I've searched and searched for the instructions to see if I'm able to install them myself.  I don't see any screws or black taps on the existing mouldings so I wonder if they simply pop on underneath the splash guards.  I've found them for around $532, and they look a lot better than the standard black.  You'd think they'd put the body color ones on the Denali trucks automatically.

GM part 84237183.JPG

Has anyone replaced the standard black wheel mouldings with the body color wheel mouldings (GM part 84237183)?  Does anyone have the installation instructions?  I've searched and searched for the instructions to see if I'm able to install them myself.  I don't see any screws or black taps on the existing mouldings so I wonder if they simply pop on underneath the splash guards.  I've found them for around $532, and they look a lot better than the standard black.  You'd think they'd put the body color ones on the Denali trucks automatically.

47927898_GMpart84237183.thumb.JPG.d310e2032640dd8392009d9e3f867a48.JPG
They are doing mine for me at the dealer, not sure on installation. Good choice though mate!

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, rongotti said:

They are doing mine for me at the dealer, not sure on installation. Good choice though mate!

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

The dealer here charges $200.  A local body shop said they'd  do it for a hundred.  If it's not too difficult, I'd rather do it myself.  If you get your hands on the instructions, and have time, would you take a quick pic and upload it?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I did mine myself. These are the primered flares which I had painted to match.

I took one of the inner fender liners off as suggested in that video and realized what a pain in the rear it was only to "save the clips" when the new flares come with clips. ?

After that one I just used my nylon trim removal tool and a little muscle and popped them out with the liners in place. 

20200723_201615.jpg