Back after a short time away

Well after a bit time away, I am back into a Silverado.  I purchased a 2020 Silverado LTZ crew bad 4x4 a little over a week ago.  I had a 2014 Silverado crew cab 4x4 LT and put almost 90,000 miles on it in 3 1/2 years.  It was a pretty good truck expect it was a shaker, but only between 76-82 MPH, and I didn't drive on the interstate that often so I lived with it.  The dealer tried different wheels, different driveshafts, and different tires, but I finally gave up a lived with it.  That was the only real issue with the truck.  I traded that in for a 2016 Ford Expedition Limited, not my first Ford, and it was very nice.  But I was ready to get back into a truck and I had a feeling that the expedition was going to start needing some work done.  I had to replace a front hub because the bearing went bad at 74,000 miles, and the AC, and a few other things were not working like they should have been.  Gas mileage was not very good, but the main reason for that was me.  The ecoboost engine is hard to drive easy, that is the one thing I will miss about the expedition is the ecoboost, it was fun to drive.  I put almost 80,000 miles on it and the lifetime average, calculated by hand, but the on board computer, was 15.7.  Life time average of the 2014 I recall was 17.5, again calculated by hand, not onboard computer.  First tank of the 2020 MPG was over 20, again calculated by hand, not onboard computer.  

The 2020 is a very nice truck and looking forward to putting some miles on it, it is very comfortable and is very smooth.  

Glad to be back.

Black Truck (3)_LI.jpg

• Like 2