Alternative to GM# 84876818 camera

OK so just looking for clarification. I have read both ways if this camera will work for my application. I have a 42' (overall Length) fifth wheel and a 2020 High Country. I already have the furrion wireless camera but I would really like everything integrated into the truck. Will this camera work for me or will it not? I ultimately want the "invisible camera" function. if I am only going to get a backup camera I don't think I will spend the money and just deal with what I have currently 

Edited by GMuney21

On 1/29/2021 at 12:49 PM, GMuney21 said:

OK so just looking for clarification. I have read both ways if this camera will work for my application. I have a 42' (overall Length) fifth wheel and a 2020 High Country. I already have the furrion wireless camera but I would really like everything integrated into the truck. Will this camera work for me or will it not? I ultimately want the "invisible camera" function. if I am only going to get a backup camera I don't think I will spend the money and just deal with what I have currently 

I don't believe the camera was meant for use on a fithwheel/gooseneck trailer. That's why the camera port is not in the bed. Some have managed to move the camera port to the bed to prevent ripping the camera cable out of the bumper. I have not seen anyone get the invisible trailer feature to work, but if all you want is the rearview camera it is possible with a little work. 

Edited by sdelam

• 2 months later...

We have an Imagine XLS and I’m debating whether to route the camera cable underneath, as apparently you have done. Any words of wisdom or lessons learned?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...