Alternative to GM# 84876818 camera

This is supposedly coming back in stock tomorrow for $356.25 new customers save 5% with code NEW2020: https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2020-silverado-3500-transparent-trailer-camera-auxiliary-trailer-camera-models-with-cwm-pdm-uvn/84946379-p-92306103.html.  Replaces 84876818, 84518122, 84477541, 84605536, 84580657, 84477539. I don't know much about this store other than I ordered another part from them over the weekend that is currently on its way to me, pretty quick to ship.

3 hours ago, trswyo said:

This is supposedly coming back in stock tomorrow for $356.25 new customers save 5% with code NEW2020: https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2020-silverado-3500-transparent-trailer-camera-auxiliary-trailer-camera-models-with-cwm-pdm-uvn/84946379-p-92306103.html.  Replaces 84876818, 84518122, 84477541, 84605536, 84580657, 84477539. I don't know much about this store other than I ordered another part from them over the weekend that is currently on its way to me, pretty quick to ship.

Thank You. That's the one I've been watching was going to contact them today to see if that date is official or one they just put up there and it will change tomorrow. Update...Just called no go or ETA..

Edited by Chevy350Z

Just a question. Not meaning to be snarky or a jerk. For you guys that are interested in this option, why did you not order it when you bought your truck? I made sure mine had it. I love it and it works great.

4 hours ago, migrabill said:

Just a question. Not meaning to be snarky or a jerk. For you guys that are interested in this option, why did you not order it when you bought your truck? I made sure mine had it. I love it and it works great.

For me, I usually can locate those types of add-ons much cheaper than at time of order. This one has been unique because they keep finding flaws and issuing new part numbers for the new fixes and then pulling stock of the old ones... supply and demand.

Edited by trswyo

I have had mine on order from ShopChevyParts.com since early March and the date keeps getting pushed out.  Yesterday I got the message below from them on the status.  Looks like it will be another 4-6 weeks.

Below is an Update on Transparent Trailer Camera Package, Part # 84876818:

Short Story:
- Production of Trailering Camera Package has resumed
- Part Number Change 84876818 to 84946379
- GM will fill Factory Orders First
- GM will fill our orders after factory demand is met
- May be several weeks before GM ships our orders
- Once we receive inventory, we will contact you to reorder so we can ship out the same day

Long Story:
The latest update from GM is that the Invisible Trailer Camera Package (Part # 84876818) is back in production. Additionally, the part number has been changed from 84876818 to 84946379. You do NOT need to do anything as we will update the part number on your order as we receive the new part. We've been informed that although the updated part is in production, it may be several weeks before we receive our orders. GM is legally obligated to fulfill back orders for vehicles ordered with the factory option (RPO TRO - LPO, Auxiliary Trailer Camera, wired) first. We will update you the same day we receive an update from GM on shipment of our orders.

We appreciate your patience during this pandemic which has prevented the production of this GM Accessory. If your order is older than 30 days, your credit card or PayPal authorization has expired. For this reason, we will email you AFTER we receive our shipment and ask you reorder. We will ship all the orders we can fill the same day the product arrives in our warehouse. We want these Trailer Cameras in your hands as soon as possible.

Happy Motoring!
ShopChevyParts.com Staff

5 hours ago, falk1rk said:

I have had mine on order from ShopChevyParts.com since early March and the date keeps getting pushed out.  Yesterday I got the message below from them on the status.  Looks like it will be another 4-6 weeks.

Short Story:
- Once we receive inventory, we will contact you to reorder so we can ship out the same day

Long Story:
The latest update from GM is that the Invisible Trailer Camera Package (Part # 84876818) is back in production. Additionally, the part number has been changed from 84876818 to 84946379. You do NOT need to do anything as we will update the part number on your order as we receive the new part. We've been informed that although the updated part is in production, it may be several weeks before we receive our orders. GM is legally obligated to fulfill back orders for vehicles ordered with the factory option (RPO TRO - LPO, Auxiliary Trailer Camera, wired) first. We will update you the same day we receive an update from GM on shipment of our orders.

We appreciate your patience during this pandemic which has prevented the production of this GM Accessory. If your order is older than 30 days, your credit card or PayPal authorization has expired. For this reason, we will email you AFTER we receive our shipment and ask you reorder. We will ship all the orders we can fill the same day the product arrives in our warehouse. We want these Trailer Cameras in your hands as soon as possible.

Happy Motoring!
ShopChevyParts.com Staff

Thank you for the info.

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen a 5th wheel with the transparent trailer camera? It would seem that the wire would be long enough in most people's cases. I intend to upgrade from a bumper pull to a 5th wheel toy hauler (that's about 40 ft long) next year and I can't seem to find any YouTube videos or info about someone running the transparent trailer camera on a 5th wheel.

Thanks for any info!

Alan

11 minutes ago, Alan Juden said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen a 5th wheel with the transparent trailer camera? It would seem that the wire would be long enough in most people's cases. I intend to upgrade from a bumper pull to a 5th wheel toy hauler (that's about 40 ft long) next year and I can't seem to find any YouTube videos or info about someone running the transparent trailer camera on a 5th wheel.

Thanks for any info!

Alan

There is plenty of cable to do it, so no worries there. You could set your measurements to the max allowed and see if it works. I didn't even try. I just mounted the camera where the Furrion prep was and use it like that. Still gives a good view, just haven't tried to see how it would look in transparent mode. Also, ideally it is mounted a few inches higher than the tailgate camera. In my case, I could mount it that low on the 5th wheel, but I'd be staring at a bike rack and not really able to see behind me. That wouldn't be that good of a view! LOL! I'm having issues with freezing up, blank screens, etc also. This is likely caused by older model camera (as mentioned earlier in this thread) or possible issue with the video module in the infotainment system. Several people are having issues, so hope is that someone gets it resolved.

1 hour ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

There is plenty of cable to do it, so no worries there. You could set your measurements to the max allowed and see if it works. I didn't even try. I just mounted the camera where the Furrion prep was and use it like that. Still gives a good view, just haven't tried to see how it would look in transparent mode. Also, ideally it is mounted a few inches higher than the tailgate camera. In my case, I could mount it that low on the 5th wheel, but I'd be staring at a bike rack and not really able to see behind me. That wouldn't be that good of a view! LOL! I'm having issues with freezing up, blank screens, etc also. This is likely caused by older model camera (as mentioned earlier in this thread) or possible issue with the video module in the infotainment system. Several people are having issues, so hope is that someone gets it resolved.

Thanks @ShotgunZ71! I haven't ordered the camera yet but I intend to get one :) .

That's cool that your camera fit into the Furrion prep spot. Did you have to run the cable on the top of your trailer or was there an existing cable for you to tie into with the Furrion prep package? I've seen some trailers with that already and just curious how that works. Hopefully your issues with the camera get figured out!

8 hours ago, Alan Juden said:

Thanks @ShotgunZ71! I haven't ordered the camera yet but I intend to get one :) .

That's cool that your camera fit into the Furrion prep spot. Did you have to run the cable on the top of your trailer or was there an existing cable for you to tie into with the Furrion prep package? I've seen some trailers with that already and just curious how that works. Hopefully your issues with the camera get figured out!

I just mounted the camera in the same location as the Furrion. You use the cable that comes with the camera, so can’t really use the pre-wired setup foe Furrion. I did originally run the cable along the roof, but then moved it into the enclosed underbelly.

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 10:10 AM, Shawn T said:

I have checked alternative part numbers (84580657 for one) and they all are the same part that is on backorder.  I'm like you, have a new truck with technology capabilities that I cannot use.  Been pulling my 5th wheel and sure do want my camera!  I ordered mine in January!

Update: Email received 8/17 from ShopChevyParts.com part 84946379 (old 84876818) in limited supply and available for order.  48 hour hold for existing orders, need to reorder payment authorization has expired.  Fulfillment will only be made if reordered within 48 hours, otherwise will be subject to first-come-first-serve. 

On 6/25/2020 at 7:37 PM, Jrscrib said:

So has anyone had any luck with a aftermarket options for the camera? It would be nice to find a affordable option that you can actually buy.

I have the Furrion camera that mounts in the prewired spot on my trailer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZ268GT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

now I know you have to use the aftermarket screen too, but that’s no biggie, and for me being new to the RV towing scene, would never tow without it. Plus being per wired for power and wireless is cleaner and easier to install.

Edited by Londart2020
Add content.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 7:53 PM, ShotgunZ71 said:

I just mounted the camera in the same location as the Furrion. You use the cable that comes with the camera, so can’t really use the pre-wired setup foe Furrion. I did originally run the cable along the roof, but then moved it into the enclosed underbelly.

Hello Shotgun,

I'm curious how well the GM camera works for you as a backup camera on your 5th wheel.  I want to add a backup camera to my 37' long 5th wheel .  It's pre-wired for a Furrion camera, but from what I can tell there's no way to tie it into the onboard truck display and I don't want to use a second display screen (paid plenty extra for the tech package in order to not have to stick other devices on the dash).  I understand that the transparent mode probably won't work correctly that far back and up that high, but hoping the backup view will work well.  Thanks,

• 4 months later...
On 7/8/2020 at 7:03 PM, falk1rk said:

Short Story:

Long Story:

Happy Motoring!
ShopChevyParts.com Staff

How can I find out if I should have got one with my 2020