OEM Camera's as Dash/ Security Camera System

After unfortunately totaling my 2017 Sierra 1500 Elevation I just purchased a 2020 1500 AT4 fully loaded with Technology package, driver alert II and premium package.

I got a novel idea that if it is possible to have a splitter for all of the OEM cameras (front grill, 2 driver side mirror, 2 passenger side mirror, bed camera, tailgate cameras etc) to possibly wire them into an SD/ hard-drive to make the OEM system it's own security system as well, sort of like Tesla Sentrt does.

Anyone explored this or have any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
My salesman was telling me the new CT6’s will have this feature from factory.

Such a waste. 
I just saw this while researching dash cams. I wonder if it could ever be added to our 2020 infotainment ...

And you're right "such a waste". I have 8 cameras surrounding my truck in high quality, yet I have to buy an aftermarket camera to be able to record anything... [emoji3525]. Stupid.

What's everyone using for dash cams? I'm looking at thinkware Q800pro or u1000, but they are expensive

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, MG386 said:

I just saw this while researching dash cams. I wonder if it could ever be added to our 2020 infotainment ...

And you're right "such a waste". I have 8 cameras surrounding my truck in high quality, yet I have to buy an aftermarket camera to be able to record anything... emoji3525.png. Stupid.

What's everyone using for dash cams? I'm looking at thinkware Q800pro or u1000, but they are expensive

I have been thinking of a blackvue, waiting for whatever the next refresh is since I’m a video quality snob.

I just want to make YouTube videos of people who drive the wrong way down streets lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MG386 said:

And you're right "such a waste". I have 8 cameras surrounding my truck in high quality, yet I have to buy an aftermarket camera to be able to record anything... emoji3525.png. Stupid.

I have a VAVA, used it in my 2017 and actually allowed me to collect almost 6k from a trucking companies insurance because a rock hauler didn't have the trailer dump door shut and spilt gravel all over my truck on the highway, no major complaints with it.

• 3 weeks later...

And you're right "such a waste". I have 8 cameras surrounding my truck in high quality, yet I have to buy an aftermarket camera to be able to record anything... [emoji3525]. Stupid.

I went with the Thinkware F800 through GM Accessories. It's $500, and the dealer is charging another $520 for install.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk