Beta testers wanted Save gas, Free Stuff!! lol

Hey guys, new to the scene here on the forums. So what better way to say hi then giving out some free stuff! lol. My name is Dick, been porting heads and racing most my life. Now that life has slowed down i have been developing a few parts i have been meaning to get to for some time. What i have here is a throttle body device that i am intending to prove saves fuel. I have been testing these for the past 6 months in the 5.3 silverados with good results. The ones i am offering fit the 09-13 throttle bodies (may fit others)

So now i need a wider pool of testers. I have 10 of them that i will give away free (i will even pay shipping) if you just test them and give me your honest real world results. We have been seeing about a 10% increase in mileage (conservatively) on the few test vehicles i have them on. Just need more input. Again these are all free no bs, just need more testers. so if your interested just post up and i will send one your way in exchange for your honest results. A few pics below... they just slip over your stock throttle body.. 5 min install with a flat head... any questions let me know! I will send instructions with the part.

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

Edited by Mr Speed
wording

Hey man sounds good! thank you. just DM me where to send it and ill have it right out. Just please post results. that's all i ask. Good or bad.. been working on these for a long time, and i need to know how they work for all different driving styles. We tested mostly highway.. with a little city in the mix.

Just confirm that the 07 throttle body is the same as the 09- 13.. i think there may be a difference.

Edited by Mr Speed
  • Like 1

That's amazing, 10% more MPG with a plastic air guide.  Anyone remember another device, making a remarkably similar claim, but instead of making the air go straight, it was fan shaped so the air went in a special vortex?

If something like this actually resulted in even 0.1mpg, when the vehicle is driven the same, GM would already have something like it in the intake YEARS and YEARS ago.  Just like CAI's don't improve MPG...

19 hours ago, Ralph Ciardullo said:

Welcome Mr. Speed...what about testing results from your neighbor just north of you or USA only?

I drive a 2012 5.3L Sierra.

Are you looking for test results with or without AFM or doesn't matter. 

Hey Ralph, no borders on our end. Would love to get as much diverse testing as possible. Just shoot me your info and ill have one over to you. I really appreciate it!

16 hours ago, davester said:

That's amazing, 10% more MPG with a plastic air guide.  Anyone remember another device, making a remarkably similar claim, but instead of making the air go straight, it was fan shaped so the air went in a special vortex?

If something like this actually resulted in even 0.1mpg, when the vehicle is driven the same, GM would already have something like it in the intake YEARS and YEARS ago.  Just like CAI's don't improve MPG...

Davester, appreciate the input, yes there have been many things through the years. Although we are hitting this from a different angle. I have sat on flow benches for more years than a lot have people been alive. I digress on the notion that a manufacturer would implement anything that cost more, to save the consumer anything. But that's another issue. But again, i would love the input from as many different situations and view points as possible. So if your willing... maybe try one out for me and let me know. I am just looking for honest feedback. And i'm not selling anything. Just trying to test out a few things and get some feedback.

Sorry, but no.  GM spends millions of dollars every year to boost their MPG a tiny little bit.  A bigger plastic tube, or an plastic insert to straighten/swirl air in the intake, would be jammed onto every single GM vehicle so fast, if it even gave them 0.1 mpg more.

If your device had any chance of giving a measurable increase in MPG, under real A/B testing, GM would either straight out steal it from you and bury you in lawyers if you complained, or hand you buckets of money to use it on every single vehicle they sell.

22 hours ago, davester said:

I remember those. I also remember screens like a strainer between the carb and manifold to 'atomize' the fuel. :) 

5 hours ago, Mr Speed said:

Well thank you for your opinion! always appreciated. Here's to hoping for the buckets of money in my future! lol :cheers:

What's the science here Sir. Please. It won't be over my head. 

I predict your device goes one of two ways:

1.  Nowhere

2.  You have a bunch of money, or partner with someone how has a bunch of money, and you market the hell out of it, like those other, similar products, and you find some suckers that will believe anything that buy it.

Hey guys i appreciate all the response and comments. I apologize for the lack of forum decor. i don't get get much time on the computer. Im not looking to make a quick buck, and im not even asking for a dime. I just made something that has been working on my truck, and some friends and relatives. And i would just love to get feed back from anyone willing to try. I have tested these on a few different trucks, dodge, ford, and now silverados. Just looking for people to give them a shot on their trucks in different climates, driving styles etc... its just fun for me, and yes, if i could make a buck or two great. but this isn't some mega company looking for guinea pigs. just me and my years of experience looking for ways to occupy some time. Did i mention they were free? lol