In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

VdellaV

Is your Automatic Watch Running Fast or Slow?

Hello everyone,

I like all things mechanical, so it was only a matter of time (pun) for me to get into Mechanical/Automatic Watches.

For the last few months I have been using an Automatic Orient Watch, but I have been noticing that it ran 2 minutes fast every 24 hours.

I made a video on how to adjust or regulate the escapement:

Support to my YT channel is greatly appreciated, since it helps me pay for my Student Debt, Truck Mods, and now Watches as well

Cheers

• Like 1

No matter what you do, you're still running out of time.

1 hour ago, BigBlueLB756 said:

No matter what you do, you're still running out of time.

That was deep.

Almost as deep as my depression lol

Old Japanese proverb:  Man with two watches never know what time it truly is.

• Haha 1

Learned something I did not know. Thanks Vicente!! Cool video. 

• Like 1

You only get a certain resolution of adjustment per "click", so it's likely that an automatic watch will always be a little off.

You can go further and change springs... but if you need that level of precision, use a quartz watch.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

Interesting subject, I have never had an automatic watch but I am partial to the Citizen eco drive watches of which I have 4 and they have always kept the correct time. I guess the only down side is if they don't get enough light they don't work properly!

27 minutes ago, Comscan said:

Interesting subject, I have never had an automatic watch but I am partial to the Citizen eco drive watches of which I have 4 and they have always kept the correct time. I guess the only down side is if they don't get enough light they don't work properly!

I have a bunch of Eco-Drives as well, they're perfect. 

But a mechanical watches are so much more interesting, in the Same way that we will still have V8s when Electric Vehicles take over

• Like 1