Truxedo truxport safety straps

So the other day I went to roll my cover up and as I went to secure the cover with the Velcro straps that are sewn into the cover one of them rips. Now truxedo just told me it’s be around $140 +shipping to repair/replace the strap. I refuse to pay that and of course I didn’t register the cover and don’t have the receipts. Anyone else have this issue and what did you use to replace the broken strap?

mine did the same thing, these covers are junk and so is the warranty. the stitching started coming out of mine and the strap ripped off when it was one year old. they told me it was because i never treated it and that the soap i use to wash my truck was the cause. i still have it on the truck 5 years later. when i roll it up i found that even at highway speeds it stays, so i dont worry about the straps

I agree with the upholstery shop suggestion.  You will likely get a better result for a smaller price. I've had great success with small home based shops with everything from a tear in a motorcycle seat to reupholstering recliners.  BTW  Saving/filing receipts is a pain but I keep most of them for my truck/motorcycle/toolbox in a wife approved box on a shelf near my desk.  The big ones, like purchase documents or major items on warranty, are filed away properly but all others are in the box.  The receipts take on a natural date order :)  and find the extra effort to find the odd receipt is worth the effort saved from filing or losing receipts.