2011 2500hd 6.0 misfire

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

Well if you are getting a code for no cats it is going to screw with your fueling. Maybe not a misfire but it will mess with the fuel 

I’m not getting a code for the cats. I’m getting multiple misfire codes. When it misfires, it goes lean on bank one. 

32 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

Hmmm I am thinking it has got to be a fueling issue on bank one. did you swap injectors? Move all of bank one to bank two? I don't see that you had

I have replaced all 8 injectors. I have moved plugs between the 2 banks as well as coils and no change. 

On 10/4/2021 at 5:29 PM, shakenfake said:

I'd say check with the noid light next. 

I got a wiring diagram for the engine harness. I traced the wires to the o2 sensors and they are all fine. I get good solid ground and power to all of them. Bank 1 sensor 1 is holding stead at 1275. I believe that is my issue that’s throwing it all off between the 2 banks. The sensor is good. I took it for a drive and the sensor started reading about the same as all the others and it was fine and then shot back to 1275 and stayed flat. I’m wondering if I have a leaking exhaust manifold and it’s sucking air, thus making the sensor readings wrong. 

4 hours ago, shakenfake said:

A leaking exhaust manifold doesn't suck air. Check your injector harness with a noid light.

It stays flat when it is in open loop I believe. Can't remember

It can.  I know on my truck, which had 6 broken off bolts when I bought it, the O2 sensors indicated mixture was very lean until I fixed them.