2011 2500hd 6.0 misfire

The weird thing is that the passenger side has a larger leak then the driver. But the driver side is what has the issue. As for the s1b1 sensor. I have replaced it 2 times and still have the old sensor. Never changed a thing. The low power reference wire is it supposed to be a 5 volt supply? I’m getting 2.9 volts and the other wire is only reading 0.4 volts. It’s the same on all 4 sensors. Also the exhaust leaks is the flange gasket. The manifolds are not leaking. I put anti seize on the bolt that fell out and put it back in. 

Edited by casey.mikl

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, davester said:

It can.  I know on my truck, which had 6 broken off bolts when I bought it, the O2 sensors indicated mixture was very lean until I fixed them.

Yeah because the air is going out before it hits the O2 sensor...

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same problem on 2011 2500 hd 6.0 mine is bank 2 o2 sensors flat line idles rough pops through intake under load then like a flip of the switch it idles fine and runs great.

replaced o2 read voltages checked crank sensor went through wiring harness bla bla bla i decided to clear codes fire it up pull plug on throttle body it idles fine throws no o2 codes at all only code is the tbs code of course  changed throttle body did relearn lasted a day went back to doing the same thing changed for second time no difference  this all started after putting and brand new transmission from gm in it and have tcm flashed 

Edited by lnb
more information

2 hours ago, lnb said:

Having the same problem on 2011 2500 hd 6.0 mine is bank 2 o2 sensors flat line idles rough pops through intake under load then like a flip of the switch it idles fine and runs great.

replaced o2 read voltages checked crank sensor went through wiring harness bla bla bla i decided to clear codes fire it up pull plug on throttle body it idles fine throws no o2 codes at all only code is the tbs code of course  changed throttle body did relearn lasted a day went back to doing the same thing changed for second time no difference  this all started after putting and brand new transmission from gm in it and have tcm flashed 

My issue started after I had my transmission rebuilt. I have swapped the throttle body off the wife’s Tahoe and it was having the same issues. I have not figured it out yet. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2021 at 12:06 PM, casey.mikl said:

My issue started after I had my transmission rebuilt. I have swapped the throttle body off the wife’s Tahoe and it was having the same issues. I have not figured it out yet. 

Did you ever resolve the issue I have a 2013 2500 6.0 doing the exact same thing

Im just getting started on this one. All I have done so far is swap B1 S1 & B2 S1 O2 sensors to see if issue moved to other side. In which it did not. Same as you B1 is rich with missfire cyl 1,3,5&7. Also has recently had converters removed. Have you tried an injector balance test?

Diagnose. Quit throwing parts at it, you are more than likely making it worse.

There is a website you can subscribe to that basically gives you a technician view on how to diagnose the codes. Can't remember the name but that is what I did to fix a similar code.

2 hours ago, shakenfake said:

Diagnose. Quit throwing parts at it, you are more than likely making it worse.

There is a website you can subscribe to that basically gives you a technician view on how to diagnose the codes. Can't remember the name but that is what I did to fix a similar code.

I have. I have tested the harness. Tested the sensors. Checked and changed grounds. Nothing has fixed it. The codes are 02 sensor codes yet everything has been replaced and is working fine.