Disabling AFM-2017 Silverado

Just got my truck back from the dealership. The engine was replaced under warranty at 44,212 miles. Intake lifter in cylinder 7 failed and tore up the cam, which sent metal throughout the cam bearings. 

I want to disable the Active Fuel Management. How is the Range Technology AFM Disabler(Holley product)? 

11 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

Read all the threads on here about it, tons of people use it with no problems at all.

This website sucks to navigate with a phone. I can't find ****** with all the adds 

• Like 1

I have a 2017 Sierra Denali with the 6.2, bought it used with 27K miles. I installed the Range device and have not had any problems in the 1500 miles I have used it. I drive every day and haven't removed it. I've also received the OnStar update and it hasn't recognized the device.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, HK GUY said:

I have a 2017 Sierra Denali with the 6.2, bought it used with 27K miles. I installed the Range device and have not had any problems in the 1500 miles I have used it. I drive every day and haven't removed it. I've also received the OnStar update and it hasn't recognized the device.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's good to know that it isn't detectable. 

I use a Superchips programmer, the reason I went this route is I needed to be able to adjust for the bigger tires, anyhow I've had my AFM turned off for over a year now and have had no issues, as a bonus my speedometer is right and my truck runs better.