Front End Conversion

Has anyone attempted to change 2500HD front clip to a 2016 Silverado 1500 front clip?  Curious to what all has to be done for this process to work. 

There's threads already started about this I believe, hopefully no one goes at you for not searching lol.
Well on second thought maybe not reverse like you're asking? I would ask why you'd want to go reverse to a 1500 clip, cause usually everyone goes 2500, but to each their own.

19 hours ago, MikeLee661 said:

There's threads already started about this I believe, hopefully no one goes at you for not searching lol.
Well on second thought maybe not reverse like you're asking? I would ask why you'd want to go reverse to a 1500 clip, cause usually everyone goes 2500, but to each their own.

Well I call myself searching for the swapping the 2500 front clip to a 1500 front end and couldn't find anything.  The reason why I would change is because the headlights are way more appealing than the HD ones.  Not to mention the light output is 10 times better that the factory HD lights.  The grill and bumper of the ltz 1500 is way more appealing that anything on the 2500HD

19 hours ago, newdude said:

Not unless you want to have cooling issues.  

Just color match your HD front.  

What would cause the cooling issues ? 

1 hour ago, Juicie said:

Well I call myself searching for the swapping the 2500 front clip to a 1500 front end and couldn't find anything.  The reason why I would change is because the headlights are way more appealing than the HD ones.  Not to mention the light output is 10 times better that the factory HD lights.  The grill and bumper of the ltz 1500 is way more appealing that anything on the 2500HD

I agree 100% to the light output, sorry if I came off rude in my first quote. In regards to that I have been window shopping headlights and found these Chevrolet Silverado HD (16-19): XB LED Headlights, I just can't justify to myself spending $1,400 on some damn headlights ?, if they were half the cost I'd probably get them for sure. They are pretty nice though.

2 hours ago, Juicie said:

What would cause the cooling issues ? 

The 1500 front has less opening for air flow than the HD.  If this is for your Duramax, the bumper swap will block off the trans cooler as well.  Don't think you want to overheat your Duramax, would you?  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeLee661 said:

I agree 100% to the light output, sorry if I came off rude in my first quote. In regards to that I have been window shopping headlights and found these Chevrolet Silverado HD (16-19): XB LED Headlights, I just can't justify to myself spending $1,400 on some damn headlights ?, if they were half the cost I'd probably get them for sure. They are pretty nice though.

Your good bud... I also have been tossing around some different ideas also but cant really find something that I want to pull the trigger on.  I'm somewhat familiar with front end swaps as I did one on my 2003 Tahoe.  I installed the Silverado front clip on my tahoe to be different.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newdude said:

The 1500 front has less opening for air flow than the HD.  If this is for your Duramax, the bumper swap will block off the trans cooler as well.  Don't think you want to overheat your Duramax, would you?  

This is a picture of my 2500 now and this the front clip that I'm considering.  I really don't see much difference from one front end to the other in air flow blockage.

2015 Duramaxx.jpg

769d59d5f9cc41eb89cfac380f2c4147.jpg

This is a picture of my 2500 now and this the front clip that I'm considering.  I really don't see much difference from one front end to the other in air flow blockage.
907207265_2015Duramaxx.thumb.jpg.4f8870e4b7ca62822f93b9d3c6c008b3.jpg
769d59d5f9cc41eb89cfac380f2c4147.jpg.e09463686a75fb8443c05daed9aa0522.jpg

Your truck is bitchin man, personally I wouldn't mess with the 1500 clip. I'd do the 2017+ HD hood instead? I'd say color match to, but I don't think it'd match the rest of the truck look.