What to expect?

Going to be installing a Banks Ram Air CAI, Flowmaster American Thundrers, and a Banks program. What sequence would you go with? I already have the CAI and programmer. I guess one could ask, when is the right time to install the program? Should I wait until after the exhaust is done? Also, have been thinking about a ported throttle body or a throttle body spacer. Which way would you go and why? And lastly, what can I reasonably expect performance wise? 

2 hours ago, Swagfu said:

Going to be installing a Banks Ram Air CAI, Flowmaster American Thundrers, and a Banks program. What sequence would you go with? I already have the CAI and programmer. I guess one could ask, when is the right time to install the program? Should I wait until after the exhaust is done? Also, have been thinking about a ported throttle body or a throttle body spacer. Which way would you go and why? And lastly, what can I reasonably expect performance wise? 

What are then manufacture claims for each, what do they recommend?

Are you going to dyno the truck before each addition, so you have a baseline for each additional gain? 

You are going to get a lot of opinions, most will be from members who are using other brands. Any speed shops in your area you can talk with to get their real world opinions? 

I don't have a local speed shop. And the Banks said up to 39 horsepower using their entire system including the exhaust. But I wanted the dual exhaust and Banks only offers single exhaust. Then of course I went down the rabbit hole and started looking into other stuff. The throttle body is an easy add-on so I asked about that. I do not know much about them though. I think there is a shop in town that I may go talk to this week. It's a truck place, but I don't know if they have dyno capabilities or not. So far this is as far as I probably need to go. 

11 minutes ago, Swagfu said:

I don't have a local speed shop. And the Banks said up to 39 horsepower using their entire system including the exhaust. But I wanted the dual exhaust and Banks only offers single exhaust. Then of course I went down the rabbit hole and started looking into other stuff. The throttle body is an easy add-on so I asked about that. I do not know much about them though. I think there is a shop in town that I may go talk to this week. It's a truck place, but I don't know if they have dyno capabilities or not. So far this is as far as I probably need to go. 

I would question Banks as to why they suggest a single exhaust. How much power do they think you will lose with a dual set up?

I have heard they have a great customer service department when answering questions.

1 minute ago, JimCost2014 said:

I would question Banks as to why they suggest a single exhaust. How much power do they think you will lose with a dual set up?

I have heard they have a great customer service department when answering questions.

I hadn't even thought about calling them. That's a good idea. But I am hesitant as they will probably tell me how great the single exhaust is. But again, good idea. We used to  have a truck center here, but it closed earlier this year. Now we just have to depend on knowledge of people on the web or some mechanic at a shop we don't even know.  I actually had a mechanic I totally trusted at a local shop. He ended up leaving the area and before he left I asked him who he would trust to work on it. He told me to start going to the dealer for my work. I was driving a dodge challenger shaker at the time. I thought he was just mad, but he was right. My brother took his car there to get new struts and shocks on a ford escape and had to go back 3 times to get it right. Seems like it's hard to find a place or mechanic i can trust in my area. I try to do everything I can myself when possible any more. I may give Banks a call Monday. Thanks for the input.

22 minutes ago, Swagfu said:

I hadn't even thought about calling them. That's a good idea. But I am hesitant as they will probably tell me how great the single exhaust is. But again, good idea. We used to  have a truck center here, but it closed earlier this year. Now we just have to depend on knowledge of people on the web or some mechanic at a shop we don't even know.  I actually had a mechanic I totally trusted at a local shop. He ended up leaving the area and before he left I asked him who he would trust to work on it. He told me to start going to the dealer for my work. I was driving a dodge challenger shaker at the time. I thought he was just mad, but he was right. My brother took his car there to get new struts and shocks on a ford escape and had to go back 3 times to get it right. Seems like it's hard to find a place or mechanic i can trust in my area. I try to do everything I can myself when possible any more. I may give Banks a call Monday. Thanks for the input.

You are very welcome, report back what you find, and any progress you make.

A ported and polish throttle body will need a custom tune. No canned tune will be able to adjust the airflow and torque model for that.

Throttle body spacers are useless for everything but nitrous or methanol injection.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CamGTP said:

A ported and polish throttle body will need a custom tune. No canned tune will be able to adjust the airflow and torque model for that.

Throttle body spacers are useless for everything but nitrous or methanol injection.

Thanks for the heads up. I never plan on doing nitrous or anything like that. The truck is pretty great the way it is, but I am looking for some better performance on take off and when entering the interstate or passing people. Plus more of a truck sound to it. Right now I can barely even hear it running.