makeshift airbox lid/enclosure help

The owner who had my truck before installed an aftermarket intake and made some aftermarket air box as you can see in the pic. The problem is that it’s not covered so it’s basically pulling hot air from the engine. I’m looking for someone to make a lid for it that is removable or something so that  I can access the air filter if need be. The point of the lid is so that it’s all covered and a proper air box. This way it will be covered from the hot engine air and pull air from the side air vent. 

it may look like it seals with the hood but it doesnt. 

i also noticed which i assume is a correlation is that when i cold start, the throttle is way more responsive. and then when the engine area warms up/after 5 mins the throttle isnt that much responsive. i assume thats attributed because when engine is cold, engine area is cold, meaning air is cold into the filter.

I know that there are a bunch of crevices/nooks/crannies but i feel like i can easily insulate that with some type of spray foam insulation kinda like waht people use when they instlal a window air conditioner?

any tips or ideas on what to do? i would prefer the lid to have a hinge or something so the filter can be removed

i dont want to goto the original airbox/air pipe cuz then i lose out on the bigger intake aaha even tho it wont make a noticeable diff and would have to buy a old airbox air pipe and new filter

IMG_8305PNG.jpg

IMG_8306PNG.jpg

Edited by apollo18