Go Pro Cams?

Hi Folks-

I'm looking for suggestions on go pro cameras.  I'd like the type that I could mount to a hat/headband, and eventually ski helmet and maybe someday a motorcycle helmet.  My first use for it will be to record some fix it videos for Youtube to pass along to some fellow friends for snowblower and small engine repair, and perhaps some things on the trucks.  So something that will stay out of the way while I work.  Any suggestions on models? 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am no means an expert with Go Pro's, but I bought a Go Pro Hero 4 model a couple yrs back to use while the wife an I go power Biking.  For how I use the camera, it is good as advertised.  My shots are mostly motion, but the camera will work fine for what you want to use it for. I bought a separate mounting kit off Ebay which had straps for the helmet, handle bars, wrist, chest, dash, and glass.  The kit also had extensions and a waterproof case.  I have a backyard pond and tried the waterproof case.  Extended the camera down about 4ft, the shots of the fish were amazing.  I think they have Hero 8's out now, probably twice as good as my Hero 4 and double the resolution.

Edited by The Zip

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Contour+2 although I'm not sure this company is still around.  I chose it over the go pro because it has a rotatable lens which allowed me to mount on various vehicles and my snowboard helmet and still keep it horizontally level.

The accessories will nickle and dime you to death check ebay, craigslist, letgo, ect. You can usually find someone selling one with mounts, batteries, ect for not much more than the cost of a new one that will only include the camera. Also with go pro newer is not always better, the latest generation for example does not have a replaceable lens cover whereas the hero 7 if it gets scratched its a simple fix.