Rear Pod Lights

I have a 2019 Silverado 1500 LTZ. I am wanting to add extra lighting on the rear of the truck so that when I backup a trailer or hay rack in the dark I can see better. I have upgraded the reverse bulbs to led. I was hoping to add pod lights to the rear bumper or around the hitch and hard wire or tap them into the reverse lights. I would prefer to not have an extra switch to hit to turn them on. What has everyone done or does anyone know of a harness I can tap into the reverse lights?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Jesse829 said:

I have a 2019 Silverado 1500 LTZ. I am wanting to add extra lighting on the rear of the truck so that when I backup a trailer or hay rack in the dark I can see better. I have upgraded the reverse bulbs to led. I was hoping to add pod lights to the rear bumper or around the hitch and hard wire or tap them into the reverse lights. I would prefer to not have an extra switch to hit to turn them on. What has everyone done or does anyone know of a harness I can tap into the reverse lights?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome - on my last truck had 2 - 1 x 6 pods mounted to the hitch cross bar , drill a hole and mounted on each side , ran two wires one for left & one for right and tap into Rev light wire . they came on when truck was in rev. . NO Problem.   OR you could mount two flush mount to the bumper .

This is the setup I’ll be running, I suggest tapping into the cargo lamps.  That will allow you to use them in reverse and park.  The mount is from Amazon 
BE855865-4340-4EB8-BD39-F3DB8DF9E1FF.thumb.jpeg.cef62b02ac2f9413f70bcf49363bf3ac.jpeg

That’s the route I was hoping to go. If you’re tapping into the cargo lights so they work when in reverse and also in park with the cargo light switch, would you be able to post pics of how and where you tapped into them?
TIA

5 minutes ago, Jesse829 said:

That’s the route I was hoping to go. If you’re tapping into the cargo lights so they work when in reverse and also in park with the cargo light switch, would you be able to post pics of how and where you tapped into them?
TIA

I did it on my 17', the wires were right behind the rear bumper.  I'll be installing everything in a few weeks, I'll let you know.

Edited by pewterliftedz

I ended up purchasing the BLADE QUICK CONNECT - 2019+ SILVERADO/SIERRA 1500 & 2020+ HD - 529005 from PUTCO to see if I could make it work. I plugged into the separate reverse plug for power and ground from the 4 pin flat plug. The lights work in reverse only right now or when I hit the unlock on the key fob. I will dig into it more eventually to see how I can steal power for when I use the cargo light switch. Thanks for all the help.