Transfer case leaking

I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe with about 270,000 miles on it. I have the 5.7 vortex engine with l460e transmission. 
move noticed my transfer case is leaking fluid. 
I don’t often use it in 4wd but the fluid is coating everything behind it. 

I it’s my tow/haul vehicle so it sees about 12-15k miles max a year. (Not a daily driver) 

move just put a lot into brakes/suspension/axle seals etc and am wondering if a used or rebuilt unit is the better option? 
I guess first I would need to know Which case I’m looking for? 
thanks in advance. 

1B98693E-3177-49E1-B619-0F0BB98D4192.jpeg

If the truck isn't used much, and you are reasonably handy, I would suggest just rebuilding it yourself (new seals & bearings are likely all you need), as it doesn't take a lot of time to do, and it'll be way cheaper than a rebuilt one.  I would rebuild a used one, as they are 20 years old now, and would generally have a bunch of miles on them (I did this with my daily driver, rebuild a used one, then swapped it in when I had a TC problem).

You might need a bearing puller, various snap ring pliers, seal drivers, but even buying those will be cheaper than a rebuilt TC...

If you really don't want to rebuild it yourself and you want to keep the truck for some time, and it looks in pretty good condition, at least on the outside, then I would suggest a rebuilt one.

Edited by davester