2008 Chevy suburban AFM delete

Hey there I need advice. I own a 2008 Chevy suburban. Recently had a misfire cylinder 6 happen so I replaced the lifter. 3 weeks later same misfire same lifter happened again. I’ve figured out I need to afm delete the truck. I’ve taken to a mechanic because I don’t have the time and don’t want to get into the repair. It’s going to cost 2900$ to AFM delete and tune it. The suburban has 180,000 miles. My question is do I spend the 2900$ to delete it or trade it in. I got offered 4000 for trade in on a brand new suv (smaller suv) . But I own this car with no payment so I would be taking on a 700$ or more car payment . I’m scared to spend the 2900$ and then something else break. Advice welcome. Thanks 

One way to look at it; 4 new payments x700=2800 which covers the repair. It has lasted 180,000 miles with the AFM active. Why do you need to deactivate it at this time. Is the mechanic telling you this is what you need to do to fix the failing lifter. I am not an internal engine expert and maybe someone else will chime in but it sounds like a different issue causing the lifter issue. You may want to get a second opinion. Good luck.