Add ventilation to heated seats

I'm planning on picking up a 2016 - 2019 2500 dmax at some point in the next year.  The problem is that I want the most bells and whistles I can get while retaining the jump seat.  The one option that I cant seem to find in conjunction with the jump seat is ventilated seats.

Can a truck with oem heated leather seats be upgraded to also be ventilated?  I.e. is the appropriate harness already installed, etc.

Thanks!

Don’t waste your time. GM cooled seats are junk. Ford and Ram seats will blow right through your carhartt coveralls. The GM seats are merely just a computer fan making noise. 
id do a straight up swap with someone that has All Terrain solid seats for my perforated ventilated seats. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's up to one's perception...I went from an '04 with only heated seats to my '16 with heated and ventilated seats. To me, I can definitely feel the air flow - especially on the third setting (high).  It's enough to provide that extra comfort and keep the ass and back sweat away. But GM does not have "cooled" seats. They are ventilated seats only where a fan underneath merely blows cabin air through the seat.

I'm not familiar with the range of the seat fan power in Ford or Dodge applications...but it sounds like it's much more powerful than GM...

Back to your original question - the seats would have to be perforated for ventilation to be an option, so if they are not, don't even bother. If they are, and you want it to look factory, you will obviously have to have the wiring in place, source the factory dash switches, etc., and more than likely the dealer will have to re-flash the computer for everything to work once it's all hooked up. Another option may be just figure out a way to run power and aftermarket switches to the fan motors. Maybe this would work? Not sure?

Just my two cents...good luck...      

• 1 month later...

I have an LTZ with the heated/ventilated seats, live in SW Florida and the ventilation works great and is very noticeable in any of the 3 settings. Chad have you had the dealer check yours out? Sounds like they may not be working correctly.....

On 10/6/2020 at 12:53 PM, EJCarter said:

I guess it's up to one's perception...I went from an '04 with only heated seats to my '16 with heated and ventilated seats. To me, I can definitely feel the air flow - especially on the third setting (high).  It's enough to provide that extra comfort and keep the ass and back sweat away. But GM does not have "cooled" seats. They are ventilated seats only where a fan underneath merely blows cabin air through the seat.

I'm not familiar with the range of the seat fan power in Ford or Dodge applications...but it sounds like it's much more powerful than GM...

Back to your original question - the seats would have to be perforated for ventilation to be an option, so if they are not, don't even bother. If they are, and you want it to look factory, you will obviously have to have the wiring in place, source the factory dash switches, etc., and more than likely the dealer will have to re-flash the computer for everything to work once it's all hooked up. Another option may be just figure out a way to run power and aftermarket switches to the fan motors. Maybe this would work? Not sure?

Just my two cents...good luck...      

They had 'cooled' seats (at least in the 1500's) in the full size pickups for a year or 2.   

In 2015 they were using a peltier cooler in the seats, and were not known for being very effective.

In 2016 they changed to the ventilated only. 

Had both a 15 and a 16. 

The 2016 had higher airflow. 

Given a choice I'd take the 2016.  The higher airlflow in the 2016 was more effective at reducing butt/back dampness than the 2015 cooled. 

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2020 at 7:51 PM, Bgill said:

I have an LTZ with the heated/ventilated seats, live in SW Florida and the ventilation works great and is very noticeable in any of the 3 settings. Chad have you had the dealer check yours out? Sounds like they may not be working correctly.....

Both driver and passenger are the same. 
I mentioned to them when they changed the drivers seat at 10,000kms for cracking leather that the cooled seats suck. The service advisor just sighed and said “i know” 

He came from the Dodge dealer that i used to buy my trucks from. 
GM interiors are years behind Ford and Dodge. 
if i could have a dodge or ford interior in my chev truck, id be one happy guy. 
theres just no difference in trim anymore with GM/Chev 

Ford and Dodge have leather in their entry level luxury trucks, then they have LEATHER in the higher end trucks. 
Not the plastic junk GM has. 
i love my truck, smooth, quiet, comfortable ride, just the seat leather is crap quality.