Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

I am currently looking at a 2020 Acadia SLT for the wife. Getting rid of our 2015 terrain which had been awesome to us. We have outgrown it, so I am asking for help on known issues with the newer Acadias.  We had a 2015 and they had A/C issues and some tranny issues with the wave plate. 
Anything on these new one’s I need to know about.  I really like the new front facial design of the 2020s and the nine speed shifted smooth like my 10 spd in my Silverado

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

I am currently looking at a 2020 Acadia SLT for the wife. Getting rid of our 2015 terrain which had been awesome to us. We have outgrown it, so I am asking for help on known issues with the newer Acadias.  We had a 2015 and they had A/C issues and some tranny issues with the wave plate. 
Anything on these new one’s I need to know about.  I really like the new front facial design of the 2020s and the nine speed shifted smooth like my 10 spd in my Silverado

Thanks!

Hey, we just picked one up for the mrs. as well this past June. SLT AWD The only known issue that can happen is with the timing chain is in previous GM V6's. My good friend is a mechanic for GM and stated the only time theyre seeing this issue is when individuals take their vehicles to various shops for oil changes and they dont use the OEM filter. Something to do with the OEM keeps the pressure stable where as cheapo ones can fail at that causing a drop in oil pressure and excessive timing wear/failure. 

 

Thus far we've been on 3 road trips since purchasing her Acadia without any issues. I prefer the acadia to my 2019 truck for road trips...its stupid quick for highway passing and insanely quiet overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlackRST said:

Hey, we just picked one up for the mrs. as well this past June. SLT AWD The only known issue that can happen is with the timing chain is in previous GM V6's. My good friend is a mechanic for GM and stated the only time theyre seeing this issue is when individuals take their vehicles to various shops for oil changes and they dont use the OEM filter. Something to do with the OEM keeps the pressure stable where as cheapo ones can fail at that causing a drop in oil pressure and excessive timing wear/failure. 

 

Thus far we've been on 3 road trips since purchasing her Acadia without any issues. I prefer the acadia to my 2019 truck for road trips...its stupid quick for highway passing and insanely quiet overall. 

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Ya I was surprised by the acceleration of the vehicle. Not as much as my 6.2L Silverado but much better than our terrain. It also rode extremely well in test drive. I rode in the back to get a better perspective of what kids would have.   We would be taking that on all our long trips. It would be serviced at dealership we bought from because they offer a lifetime power train warranty on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I pulled the trigger and bought the Acadia today. Wife is happy so I am happy!  

C5A14CC7-B5AB-4C07-8EE2-F1290F2BFFA1.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently looking for a replacement for our 2013 dodge durango. We have a 3 year old and 6 year old. How is the MPG? How do you like the "shifter" in the console? Is the third row usable for a medium sized adult? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

Well I pulled the trigger and bought the Acadia today. Wife is happy so I am happy!  

C5A14CC7-B5AB-4C07-8EE2-F1290F2BFFA1.jpeg

Very nice....They ride very well and I have driven in hills and other areas with 6 adults in it.  I have much experience with that V-6 you have and it's predecessor!  The previous poster is correct about the Oil Filter only use a PF63E or it will eventually throw codes!  The engine is very advanced much going on there but it's very stout.  The Acadia's with the shifter in between the seats is notorious for F'N up!  I have no idea why it's not recalled?  It happens when you park it and it does not register that it's in park yet it is....The timing stretch thing is real with all manufactures and the overly complicated overhead/top end  stuff that never gets enough oil or fast enough.

 

Keep the GDI'S clean ladies!

Edited by mookdoc6
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

Well I pulled the trigger and bought the Acadia today. Wife is happy so I am happy!  

C5A14CC7-B5AB-4C07-8EE2-F1290F2BFFA1.jpeg

Awesome! I love that color. You wont be disappointed, theyre freaking great vehicles. We're looking forward to see how it stacks up against her previous subaru in the snow this coming winter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bikemobile said:

I'm currently looking for a replacement for our 2013 dodge durango. We have a 3 year old and 6 year old. How is the MPG? How do you like the "shifter" in the console? Is the third row usable for a medium sized adult? 

Gas millage is great for the V6 and overall size. On our latest trip up north in NYS we averaged 29 mpg the entire trip. Which included highway at 80mph for 3 hours and then all around town for the 4 days. I was very impressed. The shifter/buttons were wild at first but even after only driving it a dozen or so times I've gotten used to it, no issues thus far with just under 5k on the OD.  The third row is definitely usable. We opted for the second row bench vs captain chairs because our dogs ride in back on those hammock/seat covers. But even with the bench siting in the back as a 5'5 240lb adult I fit fine, my neighbor is 5'11'' and he also sat back there and didn't have complaints. With the captains chairs I'd assume you'd have even more space. Overall ride is amazing, its so smooth and silent on the inside on trips. I dozed off a few times riding passenger and that's rare for me. Overall im very impressed with this suv and GMC as a whole. Makes me wish I had bought a new sierra vs the silverado simply because its more refined and the service center/dealership was overall more enjoyable. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks gentlemen on the replys. Yes, I am very excited to take it on trips because we have 2 kids and an 90 female shepherd. We have a lake house in South Dakota and have only been able to take my Silverado because of the dog. Now we can fold the back seats down and have her lay back there on the 2 hour drive.

We used to own a 2015 Acadia and I really liked the ride in that vehicle, but the power wasn't as much as this new one. This new/revised 3.6L is ultra snappy. It's to early obviously for MPG's quotes, but my mother has a 2019 Enclave and averages around 23 with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlackRST said:

Gas millage is great for the V6 and overall size. On our latest trip up north in NYS we averaged 29 mpg the entire trip. Which included highway at 80mph for 3 hours and then all around town for the 4 days. I was very impressed. The shifter/buttons were wild at first but even after only driving it a dozen or so times I've gotten used to it, no issues thus far with just under 5k on the OD.  The third row is definitely usable. We opted for the second row bench vs captain chairs because our dogs ride in back on those hammock/seat covers. But even with the bench siting in the back as a 5'5 240lb adult I fit fine, my neighbor is 5'11'' and he also sat back there and didn't have complaints. With the captains chairs I'd assume you'd have even more space. Overall ride is amazing, its so smooth and silent on the inside on trips. I dozed off a few times riding passenger and that's rare for me. Overall im very impressed with this suv and GMC as a whole. Makes me wish I had bought a new sierra vs the silverado simply because its more refined and the service center/dealership was overall more enjoyable. 

I agree on the Sierra vs Silverado. My last 3 trucks were GMC's and this time I went with a Silverado HC and my step-dad bought a Sierra SLT X31 and the refinement in it is exceptional! I love my truck but his is a little bit quieter than mine. And it rides a tad bit better and that might be because I have 22's and he has 20's. It just feels a bit more refined. I do like the looks of the Silverado more than the new Sierra. I would have kept my 2018 Sierra (favorite front end) but I couldn't stand the 8 spd low clunking. Drove me nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2020 at 9:01 AM, TNTSilverado said:

I agree on the Sierra vs Silverado. My last 3 trucks were GMC's and this time I went with a Silverado HC and my step-dad bought a Sierra SLT X31 and the refinement in it is exceptional! I love my truck but his is a little bit quieter than mine. And it rides a tad bit better and that might be because I have 22's and he has 20's. It just feels a bit more refined. I do like the looks of the Silverado more than the new Sierra. I would have kept my 2018 Sierra (favorite front end) but I couldn't stand the 8 spd low clunking. Drove me nuts

I agree on the 18' fronts they're the best overall truck in recent years. I didn't mind the ride on my RST. granted it had the 18s on it with the goodyear touring garbage tires, great for road trips very smooth and silent but overall garbage in any sort of weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We pulled the trigger today on a 2020 SLT, got a great deal.  Compared it to the Denali next to it about 4K more, but couldn't find anything in the Denali (minus stitching and the paint all around the wheel wells) that the SLT didn't have. Wife is thrilled to have "her own GMC" now since she liked my Sierra so much.  I really like the 9 speed and the punch of the 3.6.  Can't wait to take a road trip with it.

121485898_10217958364647087_5600337426111358493_n.jpg

121609328_10217958365007096_4099021914910293414_n.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Matt Biggs said:

We pulled the trigger today on a 2020 SLT, got a great deal.  Compared it to the Denali next to it about 4K more, but couldn't find anything in the Denali (minus stitching and the paint all around the wheel wells) that the SLT didn't have. Wife is thrilled to have "her own GMC" now since she liked my Sierra so much.  I really like the 9 speed and the punch of the 3.6.  Can't wait to take a road trip with it.

121485898_10217958364647087_5600337426111358493_n.jpg

121609328_10217958365007096_4099021914910293414_n.jpg

Nice Acadia. Really like the color.  I’m starting to like the wheels more and more.  My wife loved the wheels. I wanted the black with machined lip but oh well. Yes our Acadia only has 3 things a Denali has and I couldn’t spend the extra $5k here for them.  We don’t have sunroof which she doesn’t ever use. Heated steering wheel and rear view mirror camera. They did add the heated steering wheel to 2021 I was told.  Typical GM!  Idk about the rear view mirror camera. Thats the one I wish we had.  Love it in my Silverado HC. Other than that it has the HUD and HD speedometer heated and cooled fronts and heated rears. Picked up GMs weather molded floor mats for all 3 areas and the back cargo liner for the door to lay on when it’s down. 
next purchase are the IPad rear seats holders. They are a lot cheaper than the $2k they want for rear entertainment system. 
You’ll live the ride of it. They ride amazing. Took a trip on Saturday with it. Babied it and got 29 mpgs going 70 mph.  All flat hill driving. Was greatly impressed  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Nice Acadia. Really like the color.  I’m starting to like the wheels more and more.  My wife loved the wheels. I wanted the black with machined lip but oh well. Yes our Acadia only has 3 things a Denali has and I couldn’t spend the extra $5k here for them.  We don’t have sunroof which she doesn’t ever use. Heated steering wheel and rear view mirror camera. They did add the heated steering wheel to 2021 I was told.  Typical GM!  Idk about the rear view mirror camera. Thats the one I wish we had.  Love it in my Silverado HC. Other than that it has the HUD and HD speedometer heated and cooled fronts and heated rears. Picked up GMs weather molded floor mats for all 3 areas and the back cargo liner for the door to lay on when it’s down. 
next purchase are the IPad rear seats holders. They are a lot cheaper than the $2k they want for rear entertainment system. 
You’ll live the ride of it. They ride amazing. Took a trip on Saturday with it. Babied it and got 29 mpgs going 70 mph.  All flat hill driving. Was greatly impressed  

That was one oddity, the lack of the heated steering wheel.  My favorite parts are the wheels and HUD.  Kids love having their own sunroof in the back, and the captain's chairs in the back are pretty comfortable.  I'm 6'1" and there's plenty of leg and head room.  Looking forward to that first road trip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt Biggs said:

That was one oddity, the lack of the heated steering wheel.  My favorite parts are the wheels and HUD.  Kids love having their own sunroof in the back, and the captain's chairs in the back are pretty comfortable.  I'm 6'1" and there's plenty of leg and head room.  Looking forward to that first road trip!

So you got the sunroof. Awesome kids love it!  Did you get the rear view mirror camera?  When I looked it only came with the Denali model?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.