Leveling Kit Question

Hey Everyone - 

Working on getting a 2021 Dura (either AT4 or Denali - can't decide yet).  The vehicle will be used to haul a 8500-9000lb boat with appropriately distributed tongue weight.

I've never considered a lift or level kit until now but really like the newer body-style setups with ~35+" tires.

I understand the factory designs a rake in the suspension setup to keep the vehicle level when towing a load.  My goal is to not upset that characteristic and capability and I'm therefore hesitant on leveling.  (I definitely don't want a squat when loaded with luggage/gear in the bed and boat on the back.)

Can anyone comment from experience or their own research?  Keep the stock ride?  Will 35's fit (I assume that's the max)?  Good experiences with a leveling kit, larger tires, and towing?

Apologies for the mundane question.  Again, first time considering a level or lift kit.

Thanks!  Great info here!

I’ve got a 2020 AT4HD 2500 with the Duramax and love it! From all I’ve seen you can fit 35’s on the stock wheels without doing anything extra. If you plan to switch wheels you’ll run into some issues. I’m currently waiting on new wheels and 35x12.5x20 Ridge Grapplers to put on in conjunction with a Kryptonite Stage 3 leveling kit, only raises it 2” in the front, I already installed a set of Air Lift Ultimate 5000 air bags that take of any squat so truck should stay level the whole time I’m hoping. I tow a 37’ ~13,000lb RV so hoping my combo works out with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Brent. 

I have to keep the truck somewhat low due to the wife factor so a full lift is out.  She’ll drive it quite a bit and doesn’t want to crawl in to the truck!  LOL   A level can likely be snuck in if needed. 

I’m considering that bag kit as well if needed. 

I’ve had Denali’s for years (Yukons) but really liking the looks of the AT4!  Congrats!

My AT4 went in the shop on Thursday to have my Cognito leveling kit installed and the installer said to go ahead and get my 37's mounted before I dropped it off for the lift. So before I had my tires installed, I just cranked the torsion keys up and to my surprise, the tires only had minor rubbing on the wheel well liners. Very minor trimming of the liners or maybe even pulling them back and securing them with zip ties and you can easily run 37's.

This picture is with my 37's and torsion bars cranked up 

IMG_8981.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tbully said:

Looks great, Gswift!  I was going to say that it sits level as is but then I saw the tires in the back!  LOL

It did sit pretty level as is, but I had to turn the keys up all the way just so the tires would clear for the drive from Discount Tire to the Off-road shop which hurt the ride quality. I have the Cognito 3" Premier leveling kit that comes with their upper control arms and Fox shocks, so it'll be a little taller and ride much better. 

Should have the truck back today and will post pictures.

• Like 2