New Morimoto XB LED Headlights for 14/15 Silverado

I am currently running a set.  They are nice but pricey, overall I like them a lot and a definite upgrade over the halogen.  The high beams are not impressive though and morimoto designed these with all 4 lights being on for low beams and everyone thinks they are being bright lit so aiming is important.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, asull79 said:

I am currently running a set.  They are nice but pricey, overall I like them a lot and a definite upgrade over the halogen.  The high beams are not impressive though and morimoto designed these with all 4 lights being on for low beams and everyone thinks they are being bright lit so aiming is important.

Do you have any pictures of them?

13 hours ago, J.H.2015LT said:

Those look nice! Is there a substantial improvement in visibility when driving at night?  

Yeah absolutely, the biggest thing is getting the aiming right. Retrofit source usually does a Black Friday sale which makes the wallet sting less if you are considering picking up a set.

Edited by asull79

On 11/12/2020 at 9:15 PM, asull79 said:

morimoto designed these with all 4 lights being on for low beams and everyone thinks they are being bright lit so aiming is important.

Seemed a little weird when I realized that all 4 lights are always on, and the bottom aren't the (dedicated) high-beams. But they look great on your truck!

The only reason I want these is because I have LED bulbs in stock housings and despite being adjusted all the way down, they still shine light way too high. I was hoping these would have a sharp cut-off line. Also the black bezel option is a huge plus. 

• 5 weeks later...
15 hours ago, KWD2 said:

I think I am going to just get LED bulbs I like the look of my OEM custom sport package better 

For the guys with reflector housings, a quality pair of OEM projectors are too hard to find, especially if we’re talking about color-matched. 

5 hours ago, 14x4 said:

For the guys with reflector housings, a quality pair of OEM projectors are too hard to find, especially if we’re talking about color-matched. 

I can see that I got lucky truck came that way when I bought it.  I just ordered a led package that came with the hi/lo beams, fog lights and Tag lights