Center console wiring harness

Well, that didn't work. Seems as if you cant split off the mini usb port. I tried connection the center console usb port to the dash harness and the radio freaks out. I have the AA wireless dongle so for now just to hide it, I opened the harness on my usb cable for aa wireless and soldered the wires directly to the pins on the usb port. The cable works for AA wireless as well as plugging my phone into it. HOWEVER...yes there is a caviat to this..if you try to plug something into the usb port, data connection stops however it does still charge. The usb C port works just fine no matter what because I didn't tie into this. There must be some software limitations as to how many ports run. I don't see a solution to this at the moment. The only thing I can think of doing to add charge only ports in the center console is to get the Blank and the usb ports that are in the dash and cut a hole into the blank and insert the ports then make a harness for power. It won't look 100% factory but it will be enough 

Edited by teeje9876

Might try this again in a few days. I tried using a 12v to 5v DC inverter and wire it directly to the positive and negative pins on the USB A port, but didn't work. It seems power has to come from the mini usb port on the SD card slot port. I will be taking a meter to see where 12v comes in so I can jump that straight to the usbs and give them power.