Center console wiring harness

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2020 at 5:13 PM, Pelaccia6.6 said:

I recently purchased a center console upgrade for my 2020 Silverado 2500 custom. Has anyone found a wiring harness to make it work?

Did you ever track down a wiring harness? I’ve done the same and would like to get the console powered up but haven’t been able to find anything on it. I talked to the harness doctor and he said he is going to get around to it at some point but has nothing yet.

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Did you ever track down a wiring harness? I’ve done the same and would like to get the console powered up but haven’t been able to find anything on it. I talked to the harness doctor and he said he is going to get around to it at some point but has nothing yet.

I am looking for the same thing sort of,  I have the center console with power but no USB or SD card connection.  I have been looking for that cable with no luck.  Who is this Harness doctor?

Edited by KTDanforth

1 minute ago, KTDanforth said:

I am looking for the same thing sort of,  I have the center console with power but no USB or SD card connection.  I have been looking for that cable with no luck.  Who is this Harness doctor?

Lookup Harnessdr.com. He specializes in up fitting GM vehicles with almost any option they didn’t come with. That being said he is just getting into the new 19+ truck market 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/30/2021 at 2:48 PM, KTDanforth said:

See the below Wiring Harnesses,  Mine has finally shipped, seemed have been detail for about 3 weeks.

image.thumb.png.68e5452082d66e2c3a9c4957b48dc6b3.png

Did you ever get this to work with one of these harnesses? I did the swap 18 months ago, but finally decided to try and get the 12v and USB’s to work for the kids in the backseat. 

5 hours ago, KTDanforth said:

I got side tracked and have not tried it yet.  I need to trace the existing cable to confirm the connector. 

I know how that goes! Please keep us updated. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 7:59 PM, LSX Z28 said:

Did you ever get this to work with one of these harnesses? I did the swap 18 months ago, but finally decided to try and get the 12v and USB’s to work for the kids in the backseat. 

Same question - I have a jump seat and want to install USB  chargers and 12V outlet in the rear..

any info on wiring harness that can accommodate, would be super handy.

• 2 months later...

I am sure you could somehow tap into the USB Ports up front hopefully with some type of harness. 

The part number for the USB/SD receptacle is 13529862. If we could get a harness made with the correct connectors on both ends, I am sure it will be a good install. I dont think this harness comes from the factory or GM parts. I was curious and checked the hole (with a boroscope) where the ports are supposed to be maybe to find a harness unplugged/not used with no luck. 

• 1 year later...

I see there hasn't been much updates here with a more permanent solution. I did the same swap however my lt was fully loaded minus a sunroof and oem trailer brake. I got the full center console with the SD slot and usb a and usb c ports and aux port and 2 rear ports. Same thing happened with me. Rear ports work, centers do not. Plug extension harness in and the radio freezes. I think I may have thought of a solution. I ordered a mini usb splitter. The truck will plug into the splitter and the other end will plug into the original port that was already occupied(My dash has usb and usb c port with the one open port on the back side) the other end will be a mini usb male. From there I will connect a mini usb female end into that and on the other end will be mini usb male to plug into the ports in the center console. From there it should have charge and data. If this doesn't work then I will have to order the center console ports without the SD card slot and aux port