PIT5793- No wifi, apps, internet connection...

It's been a month now and my truck has not been able to connect to the internet or access apps...  Thinking this was just my truck, even though technical assistance said there were others.  Well I just ran across a bulletin for this issue(s).  Of course there is no fix yet, but engineers are working on a solution.  

#PIT5793: Unable to Access Apps and Remote Personalization Features in the Radio - (Nov 9, 2020)
Subject:  Unable to Access Apps and Remote Personalization Features in the Radio

999999995.gif

Brand:

Model:

Model Year:

VIN:

Engine:

Transmission:

from

to

from

to

Chevrolet

Silverado

All

All

All

All

GMC

Sierra

All

All

All

All

Involved Region or Country

US and Canada

Additional Options (RPO)

IOS IOU IOT

Condition

Some customers may comment of any or all of the following symptoms:

• Unable to accept Terms and Conditions
  • Unable to access AppShop or install apps in the radio
  • Information within the OnStar app on the radio could be missing or incorrect
  • Unable to create or log into User Profiles
  • Connected Navigation (live traffic, etc.) is not functioning (base navigation functions correctly)
  • Unable to install apps through myChevrolet/myGMC mobile apps

Cause

This condition could be caused by a calibration anomaly.

Edited by SILVER SLED

Glad you found this.  My 2021 AT4 has the exact problem that's been driving me nuts for the last week that I've owned it.  Being on OnStar a couple of times and they have had no answer for me.  It's not that big of a deal cuz I'm using Android Auto but Will keep my eye on this now that you've listed it.

For folks with this, I think I have the same thing.  What I am seeing is when I go to the circle apps icon on the main screen I get a connect error.  When I go to the onstar it gives me the same error and that it can display data usage.  The weird thing is that my wifi hotspot works fine, carplay over wifi works fine.   They have tried to download some package and then reboot the infotainment system.   Is that what other folks have experienced?

25 minutes ago, Tulkas said:

For folks with this, I think I have the same thing.  What I am seeing is when I go to the circle apps icon on the main screen I get a connect error.  When I go to the onstar it gives me the same error and that it can display data usage.  The weird thing is that my wifi hotspot works fine, carplay over wifi works fine.   They have tried to download some package and then reboot the infotainment system.   Is that what other folks have experienced?

That's my experience.  Yes the truck wifi works great, but the truck itself won't connect to it's own wifi or any other hotspot.  I went through all kinds of ****** with onstar and GM tech. asst., there is a case on the truck and even replaced the radio per tech asst.  So now I'm just waiting patiently....kinda.  

7 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

That's my experience.  Yes the truck wifi works great, but the truck itself won't connect to it's own wifi or any other hotspot.  I went through all kinds of ****** with onstar and GM tech. asst., there is a case on the truck and even replaced the radio per tech asst.  So now I'm just waiting patiently....kinda.  

Not going to be a radio problem.  Not sure why they did that.  There is the Cell Radio, the WiFi radio, and the Bluetooth radio.  Even with the issue all radios are demonstrably working.  This is likely a software issue with the application stack is not communicating with the IP network stack appropriately.   Everything that doesn't work involves the applications communicating with the IP network stack.  

9 minutes ago, Tulkas said:

Not going to be a radio problem.  Not sure why they did that.  There is the Cell Radio, the WiFi radio, and the Bluetooth radio.  Even with the issue all radios are demonstrably working.  This is likely a software issue with the application stack is not communicating with the IP network stack appropriately.   Everything that doesn't work involves the applications communicating with the IP network stack.  

Apparently someone at GM thought that something in the radio was/may be interfering with the communication.  It's obviously under warranty so I didn't really care, basically have at it.  What annoyed me the most is that I called onstar first.  They opened a case initially and said give them 3-5 business days.  5 business days later they admitted that nothing had been done (except the initial reboot).  So I finally had a tech look at it, start a case...... So here I am now.  

Just picked up my 2021 Silverado RST in early October. All of the same symptoms are happening with my truck as well. The infotainment system won’t even allow me to connect my mobile personal hotspot to the truck. I connect my personal hotspot, approximately 5 seconds later it disconnects it. Spoke with OnStar on a couple of occasions, there wasn’t much they could do. We tried everything to get it to work. Looks like we will have to wait it out for a software update. 

On 11/18/2020 at 2:13 PM, Tulkas said:

Yes, my 2021 AT4 is having the same issue. I’ve been on the phone with OnStar for hours and the new service bulletin as of today at least assures me a fix is coming. Frustrating though for a two weeks old truck. At least my wifi, OnStar, and Apple CarPlay are working. I just can’t download any of the apps and don’t have the marketplace icon either. I get the message found in the attached screenshot when I press the APPS icon. And I have the unlimited data plan, so it’s not a data issue. Anyway, hope GM gets a fix out by December.

7F07DF16-3F16-4AF5-89D2-19EDA2EF1054.jpeg

On 11/18/2020 at 6:13 PM, Dustin53 said:

Just picked up my 2021 Silverado RST in early October. All of the same symptoms are happening with my truck as well. The infotainment system won’t even allow me to connect my mobile personal hotspot to the truck. I connect my personal hotspot, approximately 5 seconds later it disconnects it. Spoke with OnStar on a couple of occasions, there wasn’t much they could do. We tried everything to get it to work. Looks like we will have to wait it out for a software update. 

I have the exact same problem in my 2021 Sierra.