PIT5793- No wifi, apps, internet connection...

2021 Sierra with IOT, same exact issues, same convos with Onstar, same outcome. The technical info I am seeing is that GM is aware and is working on a calibration update. They did not specify OTA or dealer service required as of yet. Crossing my fingers for us all on a fix soon. 

On 11/19/2020 at 10:47 PM, WillGabriel said:

Yes, my 2021 AT4 is having the same issue. I’ve been on the phone with OnStar for hours and the new service bulletin as of today at least assures me a fix is coming. Frustrating though for a two weeks old truck. At least my wifi, OnStar, and Apple CarPlay are working. I just can’t download any of the apps and don’t have the marketplace icon either. I get the message found in the attached screenshot when I press the APPS icon. And I have the unlimited data plan, so it’s not a data issue. Anyway, hope GM gets a fix out by December.

7F07DF16-3F16-4AF5-89D2-19EDA2EF1054.jpeg

Same exact issue with my 2021 

On 11/17/2020 at 8:43 AM, SILVER SLED said:

It's been a month now and my truck has not been able to connect to the internet or access apps...  Thinking this was just my truck, even though technical assistance said there were others.  Well I just ran across a bulletin for this issue(s).  Of course there is no fix yet, but engineers are working on a solution.  

#PIT5793: Unable to Access Apps and Remote Personalization Features in the Radio - (Nov 9, 2020)
Subject:  Unable to Access Apps and Remote Personalization Features in the Radio

999999995.gif

Brand:

Model:

Model Year:

VIN:

Engine:

Transmission:

from

to

from

to

Chevrolet

Silverado

All

All

All

All

GMC

Sierra

All

All

All

All

Involved Region or Country

US and Canada

Additional Options (RPO)

IOS IOU IOT

Condition

Some customers may comment of any or all of the following symptoms:

• Unable to accept Terms and Conditions
  • Unable to access AppShop or install apps in the radio
  • Information within the OnStar app on the radio could be missing or incorrect
  • Unable to create or log into User Profiles
  • Connected Navigation (live traffic, etc.) is not functioning (base navigation functions correctly)
  • Unable to install apps through myChevrolet/myGMC mobile apps

Cause

This condition could be caused by a calibration anomaly.

Where did you get this PIT?  Is this something I can look up on line?  Thanks much. 

On 11/30/2020 at 10:30 AM, Jglew82 said:

2021 Sierra with IOT, same exact issues, same convos with Onstar, same outcome. The technical info I am seeing is that GM is aware and is working on a calibration update. They did not specify OTA or dealer service required as of yet. Crossing my fingers for us all on a fix soon. 

Yes, Let’s hope so! Sounds like early Dec we’ll have the update from GM Engineering 

1 hour ago, Tulkas said:

Anyone here any updates on this, early December is about gone?

Yes, I was told by my dealer, this week. The week of the 13th the update should be at our dealers. Sounds like it won’t be an over the air update, we’ll have to swing in to the service dept to have them update it. Shouldn’t take too long. 

On 12/14/2020 at 2:37 PM, Dustin53 said:

Yes, I was told by my dealer, this week. The week of the 13th the update should be at our dealers. Sounds like it won’t be an over the air update, we’ll have to swing in to the service dept to have them update it. Shouldn’t take too long. 

The Update is now available for our infotainment issues. I have my appointment on Fri.