PIT5793- No wifi, apps, internet connection...

For those of you who have had the dealer install the update already, how long did they need the truck? Was it a "while you wait" kind of deal, or are they making you drop it off and leave it a while?

1 minute ago, tmc said:

For those of you who have had the dealer install the update already, how long did they need the truck? Was it a "while you wait" kind of deal, or are they making you drop it off and leave it a while?

I did it on a waiter today.  Shouldnt take long as long as they know what they are doing. Bulletin number was listed previously. 

I dropped mine off, but others have said not long at all. The labor on my service ticket was 20 minutes.

FIX DOES NOT WORK

2021 GMC AT4 1500.  

Purchased 12/26/2020

current mileage: 256 (most of that is driving to and from the dealer. ;(

Truck was delivered to the dealer on 12/26/2020... I was there for the PDI and saw it with the wrappers. 

Truck has been in the shop for 4 days now.  The patch/update was applied yesterday and it still does NOT work.  Dealer has 2 other trucks with the same issue.  One truck is a 2021 Elevation owned by a tech at the dealer.  He applied the update to his yesterday and was able to download apps.  They took me outside to show it works on his truck and to their surprise it did not.   MAJOR WTF!!!  So, on the dealer tech's personal truck it worked for ONE day and now back to not working.  He had downloaded a few apps and those were on this home screen but the apps do NOT work because there is no internet connection.  He said mine was working yesterday afternoon but this morning it's not, same as his.  They have another truck on the lot, not purchased, with the same error messages.  They haven't touched that one yet.   I believe all 3 trucks are recent builds and all were delivered over the past 1 to 2 weeks.  The dealer tech's truck has less than 200 miles on it. 

***** EDIT *****

Jan 3rd.  It started working after running errands today the radio prompted me to accept terms and conditions as I pulled in the driveway.  After a few minutes of accepting this and that I checked and the radio had connected to my HOME wifi.  I downloaded two apps and configured those.  I was able to continue using those apps i assume via the OnStar Wifi connection.  Maybe the truck piggy backs off the phone.  not sure but it appears to be working for now.  Very odd

Edited by GS340

3 hours ago, GS340 said:

FIX DOES NOT WORK

2021 GMC AT4 1500.  

Purchased 12/26/2020

current mileage: 256 (most of that is driving to and from the dealer. ;(

Truck was delivered to the dealer on 12/26/2020... I was there for the PDI and saw it with the wrappers. 

Truck has been in the shop for 4 days now.  The patch/update was applied yesterday and it still does NOT work.  Dealer has 2 other trucks with the same issue.  One truck is a 2021 Elevation owned by a tech at the dealer.  He applied the update to his yesterday and was able to download apps.  They took me outside to show it works on his truck and to their surprise it did not.   MAJOR WTF!!!  So, on the dealer tech's personal truck it worked for ONE day and now back to not working.  He had downloaded a few apps and those were on this home screen but the apps do NOT work because there is no internet connection.  He said mine was working yesterday afternoon but this morning it's not, same as his.  They have another truck on the lot, not purchased, with the same error messages.  They haven't touched that one yet.   I believe all 3 trucks are recent builds and all were delivered over the past 1 to 2 weeks.  The dealer tech's truck has less than 200 miles on it. 

Here is a video I made in case GM is watching these forums.  I just want the issue fixed. 

https://youtu.be/S55Qjt9IJ2s

Mine was updated Tuesday, worked that day and yesterday. Today not working.

Error comes up on the screen as... "We encountered and error and we are working on it."

Or something like that. Other apps are saying no wifi connection. Chose another wifi connection. 

Not happy, as I don't know what to do.

Built in November. Took possession 11-20.

Edited by gemarsh
Added built info.

Well, as of 1-1-21 am, everything is working again. Shows data remaining on onstar, set up wifes' user profile. Apps are working. And apps that weren't setup, I can now accept terms.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 12:43 PM, gemarsh said:

Well, as of 1-1-21 am, everything is working again. Shows data remaining on onstar, set up wifes' user profile. Apps are working. And apps that weren't setup, I can now accept terms.

Still working as of 1/11/2021