Active Grill Shutter question

On 3/10/2023 at 10:27 AM, Ronjon said:

I'm going to gut them when I install a new bumper and tranny cooler. Hopefully between the tuning companies now available (RunVSE and PPEI) they can remove their p codes. Since the dealership won't flash them out.

Any movement yet?

• 7 months later...

My 2017 Sierra is giving the U1051 code. The louvers are stuck in an open position which is okay for me but the check engine light is always on, which is bad for me in the case something else malfunctions. If I disconnect it will that clear the code? I also saw ebay has just the actuator available for a fraction of the whole assembly cost. Will replacing that clear the code? As long as I can get the code cleared I am not overly concerned if the dampers open and close. Clearly its just something else that can break on these newer vehicles. Thanks for any help!

• 1 month later...

The actuator moves, it's just the motor sitting there now by itself. Still throws the code, I wish someone sold a bracket with limit stop to truck the motor and stop throwing the one and only code my truck has ever given me.

On 12/20/2023 at 1:26 PM, Paolo said:

My 2017 Sierra is giving the U1051 code. The louvers are stuck in an open position which is okay for me but the check engine light is always on, which is bad for me in the case something else malfunctions. If I disconnect it will that clear the code? I also saw ebay has just the actuator available for a fraction of the whole assembly cost. Will replacing that clear the code? As long as I can get the code cleared I am not overly concerned if the dampers open and close. Clearly its just something else that can break on these newer vehicles. Thanks for any help!

No.  Shutter is a LIN BUS device.  Needs to be operational for the CEL to go away.