What’s it worth?

So I’ve got a 2020 Silverado 3500 LT. Z71 package, 6.6 gas motor. 4100 miles. White in color, 5th wheel package, truck is of course excellent. Thinking I’m wanting to order a 2022 3500 LTZ. Dealer really wants my truck on trade, but told me honestly I should sell my truck myself as I “ should” be able to get 50,000. He of course couldn’t give me that. Seeing as there appears to be a shortage on this model, how hard will it be to get 50?

I just sold my 2500 AT4 Duramax with 7800 miles for 73k... $5k more than i paid for it but I did have about $3700 in the leveling kit and 37's.

The market is pretty strong if you're patient. I listed mine on eBay and it sold in about 3 weeks

Find another dealer!  Last month, I got $63,600 trade in for my 2020 GMC Sierra HD Denali with 11,351 miles and diesel engine for a new 2021 model.  KBB shows the median trade in value for your 2020 with a gas engine to be right at $50,000.

2020 Chevy.JPG

I traded in a 2020 Denali gas for an identical 2021 Denali gas.  I am a GM employee so I get employee pricing but the dealer priced my trade for more than I paid for the 21 and sold it withing a couple days.  If you are looking for a 2022 you will be waiting another 7 months or so though and the market may change by then.

yeah HD trucks are slim pickings.......thought about trading mine as well, similar to yours, but i dont have 4wd.....only issue is we dont get tax credit on trades and i have to pay TTL again on new truck....ugh!

Edited by Dunn