Io4 to io5 or 6 conversion

Hey all. New to the group. I own a 2014 GMC Sierra reg cab short box z71. I’m trying to get a few answers and have come up short. I’m trying to figure out if I can get my current hmi box reprogrammed at the dealer up to the proper operating system to function the 8 inch screen. If not where is a good but not overly expensive place to send out my hmi to get reflashed?

1 hour ago, Bmxican378 said:

Hey all. New to the group. I own a 2014 GMC Sierra reg cab short box z71. I’m trying to get a few answers and have come up short. I’m trying to figure out if I can get my current hmi box reprogrammed at the dealer up to the proper operating system to function the 8 inch screen. If not where is a good but not overly expensive place to send out my hmi to get reflashed?

Welcome to the site.

No reprogram, you will have to buy a new HMI 2.5, there are vendors on the site here that sell them. You can also search the web, some are sold unlocked, so they are just plug and play.

Advantage to buying one from the vendor members is that they have all kinds of added features they can unlock for you too.

14 hours ago, Bmxican378 said:

Thank you sir! You wouldn’t happen to have any pricing thoughts would you? I’ve seen a lot of sites asking 6-7-800 dollars for just the hmi box it’s self. Thank you again for the help! 

You are very welcome, and I really would have no idea on pricing.

You could start with these guys, a vendor here on the site. Will try to find names of others here.

14 hours ago, Bmxican378 said:

Thank you sir! You wouldn’t happen to have any pricing thoughts would you? I’ve seen a lot of sites asking 6-7-800 dollars for just the hmi box it’s self. Thank you again for the help! 

Here is another company members like: https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/

And one more: https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/profile/192095-th3magpi3/

Edited by JimCost2014

On 1/29/2021 at 7:55 PM, Bmxican378 said:

Hey Chris, 

You can find the entire kit here including every single part sold brand new full warranty AT dealer cost :)

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/4-inch-to-8-inch-upgrade-io4/