Upfitter Switches

While I think these switches look absolutely terrible and realize they are meant for the 4500 and up (so based on k2 gen trucks), something like this may be your best bet if you really want them up there...  would have to get creative with it but since there’s no oem option for this it’s going to have to be custom either way.. agreed tho, it is a better spot. 

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/1419/UI Bulletin_164 Auxiliary Overhead Switch Bank.pdf

While I think these switches look absolutely terrible and realize they are meant for the 4500 and up (so based on k2 gen trucks), something like this may be your best bet if you really want them up there...  would have to get creative with it but since there’s no oem option for this it’s going to have to be custom either way.. agreed tho, it is a better spot. 

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/1419/UI Bulletin_164 Auxiliary Overhead Switch Bank.pdf

Yea the style on those is pretty bland but the location is perfect. I need to find some with better design then convince dealer to install because I’m DEFINITELY not an electrician of any caliber lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, ahartzell2020 said:

Yea the style on those is pretty bland but the location is perfect. I need to find some with better design then convince dealer to install because I’m DEFINITELY not an electrician of any caliber lol

good luck!  i had to beg the dealer to install the factory OEM upfitter switches that i ordered with my truck!!  absolutely crazy.  hate to say it but this is one area where Ford really outshines GM..

good luck!  i had to beg the dealer to install the factory OEM upfitter switches that i ordered with my truck!!  absolutely crazy.  hate to say it but this is one area where Ford really outshines GM..

Yea I don’t see that happening. Would have to be 3rd party custom installer I’m sure.

Also looking at the Bluetooth module I’ve seen but can’t recall the name.

• 1 month later...

Before you cut, there is a thread somewhere on somebody retrofitting a sunglass holder in that spot. There is limited room in depth in that location. I think the thread is in the 1500 forum. The holder was out of another make vehicle and fit nicely, but you might run out of room behind the switch body depending on how the wires are attached.