Bed rail LED lights in the box

Added LED lights under the bed rail with a toggle switch utilizing a factory hole leading into the stake post hole, had to drill it a little bigger for my switch.  Used the post hole for my wiring, fuse, etc...  covers for the post holes coming soon, tonneau comes Monday.

IMG_20210205_172610.jpg

IMG_20210205_172538.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, Your light job looks great. Im in the process of doing something very similar. Mind of I ask which lights you used and how/what power source you used? I mounted LED strip lights under the bed rails and spliced the wires into the cargo lights. When I turn on the cargo lights the LED strip lights and stock LED bed lights flash 3 times and then turn off. Any help you could send my way would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

29 minutes ago, Pappy300 said:

Hello, Your light job looks great. Im in the process of doing something very similar. Mind of I ask which lights you used and how/what power source you used? I mounted LED strip lights under the bed rails and spliced the wires into the cargo lights. When I turn on the cargo lights the LED strip lights and stock LED bed lights flash 3 times and then turn off. Any help you could send my way would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I ran power straight from the battery to the back of the truck and used a toggle switch in one of the stock holes in the side that goes into the side stake post, that's where I ran the wires and fused them. The led lights are just a generic set of lights that I found at my local parts store on clearance.

10 minutes ago, BloodRedSkies737 said:

Pretty rad! 

I had thought about running them from the stock lights, but I wanted independent control for when I am loading stuff inside, didnt want to have to bother with having to go inside and flip the switch...   I ran a heavier gauge primary wire to the back, incase I need other power options back there, I can run to a fuse block and pull power to indpendent sources.  I have a small tidy tank with an electric pump that I may put back in too, so im prepared...  😃

1 hour ago, Pappy300 said:

Can't tie directly into the cargo light wiring, there isn't enough voltage to that wire to power everything.  You will need to use a relay and use the existing cargo light power as your trigger.