Tonneau bounce

Cupton

Replaced my Undercover Flex tri-fold tonneau a couple months back because the underside was getting some corrosion and the latches were really rusting out. Sliced a few fingers a few times and that’s when I decided it was time for a change.

I ended up getting the Truxedo Sentry CT. Nice cover! Super easy install and I think it looks great. I noticed theres some bounce in the cover at the tailgate when cruising down the highway and figured it was just due to it being at the end of the cover sitting on top of the tailgate. Nothing too crazy. It’s all nice and secure and tight on the side latches so I was thinking maybe it’s just due to the rigid aluminum slats of the cover. Anyone else experience this bounce on the tailgate with their roll up covers?

Edited by Cupton

28 minutes ago, Capt Bob said:

I see slight flexing across the body of my Roll n Lock at speed but they all do it.

At least the 5 I've owned always have.

My Undercover did as well, just a little less than the new Truxedo Sentry I put on. Always helps to have validation that Im not the only one and that they all do it. Thanks!

Edited by Cupton

The soft cover that I had with my '15, constantly looked like the back edge was torn loose and flapping in the breeze, as I was rolling over 55.  I was tempted to lay it upside down, long enough to lay some contact cement on the rails/frame, to keep the middle from floppingflapping up/down, but the middle of each section would most likely continue to flop/flap. 

• Like 1