Trade In Value

1 hour ago, GullLakeMi said:

CarMax bought my 16 Sierra Denali 6.2L with 54k miles for $40,800 a week ago.  I had paid $48k for it new.  They just posted a similar truck for sale (white instead of blue, same miles, Denali, 6.2L) for $46k.  I keep asking myself, who is buying these used vehicles at those prices?

Between this and housing, seems people are buying into a bubble.

It’s the mentality of most people. It gets a little scarce people have to have it. Take a look at the history of panic buying. Paper products, bottled water, now trucks and gas on the east coast. Perception is reality. The it is reality. 

On 5/5/2021 at 6:20 AM, NCCaptainMorgan said:

That is awesome.  If I can get away with it I might try to sell for close to what I bought mine for and buy a new one every year or two until the truck market isn't as crazy.

I was looking around to see what the truck I ordered was going for at other dealerships and ran across a place in VA that put a "market adjustment" fee on top of the MSRP.  The reasoning is literally because the truck is in high demand.  The fee was $15,000!  So the gas AT4 came out above $80,000.  Premium plus package and power running board.  No 5th wheel prep.

yes but problem is buying in same market your selling in......I was lucky to get a good price for my truck and still get a good discount on new one.....i saved about 8k on both trucks......TTL didnt apply to me cuz i financed 100% of the loan on 2500 so nothing out of pocket....i rented it for 7 months and they paid for most of my payments.....I only owed 42k on loan

today is different story and i could probably sell my Elevation for what i paid few months ago but i cant buy another at good or great price....i would pay alot more for same truck i have now