21 6.2 S$B CAI install; Check engine light

I recently just installed the S&B CAI on my 21 Sierra 6.2. The install could not of gone easier, plug and play with the instructions and video on their website. Only one issue that i only have myself to blame. I could not wait to hear it, and did not plug in the MFA sensor to the CAI. I immediately got a check engine light and tried the 15 min idle and drive, but to no avail. It then dawned on me that I didn't plug it in. I am trying the 15 minutes again, but will this cost me to a trip to the dealer. only have 1500 miles and paired the CAI with the GM performance exhaust.

Yeah, unhook the battery for a while and it should turn off.

Or it will go off on it's own after a certain amount of key cycles. Or just hit up a parts store, they let you use OBD2 scanners for free and just clear the code. This would be a good time to maybe invest $20-40 in a simple scan tool so you can read trouble codes if you ever had the need to do it.

I def did this before on my previous '09 Silverado, ha. As others said, it should self clear after so many key cycles/drives, or you can disconnect the battery. You can take it to an autoparts store and they'll read it, but last time I tried to have them clear it, they said they no longer could because of liability reasons. Some still may clear it, though.

I bought a BAFX bluetooth OBD scanner and self cleared it. It's also come in handy several times over the years. It's only $21 and you use the free app Torque(Lite) highly recommend if you're an Android user!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk